iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

• Subscriber

U2.com, livenation, ticketmaster and ticketek will all point the finger at each other, but the site itself made it so awkward that can you see why 50 pages plus on there are people who are still confused, and worried that their tickets are going to be cancelled because there were multiple presale codes, 5 groups of membership, seemingly different rules for each ticket seller?

Cancelling tickets is a cop out, if they had set the system up in the first place so the codes ALLOWED you to only buy your entitlement, then there would be no discussion. Instead the system was setup between TM, Ticketek, Livenation and U2.com so poorly that once in the heat of a presale no one had a fucking clue what was going on, which code they had used for what, why they only got 2 red zones instead of 4...

Clear huh?
You've hit the nail on the head there. The system didn't stop people from making 'mistakes', you can't then punish them for making them so either accept the situation, which hopefully now has been rectified, or MUST give them the opportunity to rectify it by surrendering another code or something.

I'm now feeling I should ring Ticketek to se what code I used for which tickets, which is a piss poor thing to have to do because of someone else's stuff up.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bsd1 wrote:

Adam and Nat']...

We had 2 codes.

When I looked at the ticket website yesterday it said 4 tickets per city for the presale code - 8 tickets per person for the general sale. We needed more for our family, so had expected to try our luck for the rest next week. We bought our first 4 tickets (GA).

Then half an hour after the presale started we got the email that said our presale codes would allow:

"FOUR TICKETS for any ONE show in a single transaction." and then down a paragraph later offered us a new subscription with a code that would allow '4 additional tickets'.

So we felt sheepish, that we had misunderstood and logged on and were lucky enough to get our 4 other tickets. Called everyone - stoked that we now all had our tickets. (Thus forever escaping the ribbing I get to subscribing to this site - LOL)

In short - 2 codes, 2 transactions. 8 happy people. One Summer night in Sydney.

Could I please get a definitive answer on this question:

Am I now at risk of having 4 of my tickets cancelled?

From the FAQ: Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy in the NZ/Aus U2360 Tour Presale?

A - As a paid-up U2 subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus.

So, EACH code may be used for four tickets at any one show. You're all good. My confidence is high as I have used two codes to buy six tickets (four + two) for the NZ show.

I had the same concern so I asked the question in the Presale Issues message board - this is the post and response i got (post 49 if you wanna look it up)

"Just a quick question to clear something up for me (note i have checked other threads and read the FAQs). I have two codes. I have purchased 4 tickets for Auckland using one code.

Am I able to purchase 4 more tickets for auckland with the second code? I know the FAQ says this "As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus. "

I apologise if this was asked elsewhere - i have cheacked elsewhere but could not see a definative answer, and would like some clarification.

Cheers

Yes, but I would use a different credit card to be safe - BAja"

So it is clear from that answer if you have two presale codes you may purchase 4 tickets on each code for a single show.

The confusion comes from the ambiguos and  poorly worded FAQ answer.  No wonder there is 20 pages of confused questions.  BTW the mods have done a great job in trying to clarify matters.

[quote name='bsd1 wrote:

Adam and Nat']...

We had 2 codes.

When I looked at the ticket website yesterday it said 4 tickets per city for the presale code - 8 tickets per person for the general sale. We needed more for our family, so had expected to try our luck for the rest next week. We bought our first 4 tickets (GA).

Then half an hour after the presale started we got the email that said our presale codes would allow:

"FOUR TICKETS for any ONE show in a single transaction." and then down a paragraph later offered us a new subscription with a code that would allow '4 additional tickets'.

So we felt sheepish, that we had misunderstood and logged on and were lucky enough to get our 4 other tickets. Called everyone - stoked that we now all had our tickets. (Thus forever escaping the ribbing I get to subscribing to this site - LOL)

In short - 2 codes, 2 transactions. 8 happy people. One Summer night in Sydney.

Could I please get a definitive answer on this question:

Am I now at risk of having 4 of my tickets cancelled?

From the FAQ: Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy in the NZ/Aus U2360 Tour Presale?

A - As a paid-up U2 subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus.

So, EACH code may be used for four tickets at any one show. You're all good. My confidence is high as I have used two codes to buy six tickets (four + two) for the NZ show.

I had the same concern so I asked the question in the Presale Issues message board - this is the post and response i got (post 49 if you wanna look it up)

"Just a quick question to clear something up for me (note i have checked other threads and read the FAQs). I have two codes. I have purchased 4 tickets for Auckland using one code.

Am I able to purchase 4 more tickets for auckland with the second code? I know the FAQ says this "As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus. "

I apologise if this was asked elsewhere - i have cheacked elsewhere but could not see a definative answer, and would like some clarification.

Cheers

Yes, but I would use a different credit card to be safe - BAja"

So it is clear from that answer if you have two presale codes you may purchase 4 tickets on each code for a single show.

The confusion comes from the ambiguos and  poorly worded FAQ answer.  No wonder there is 20 pages of confused questions.  BTW the mods have done a great job in trying to clarify matters.

FAQS states -

code to be used ONCE only, ONE code per transaction, up to 4 tix limit

what if you bought only 2 tix say first up, can you go back and use this same code and buy 2 more to make up the 4 limit per code

it wouldnt let me choose the mix neither, hence went for RZ only x2

very confusing!

but I'd rather be safe than sorry so won't try don't think and instead go via public sale

exactly what i did.....missed out on rz2 though....jeez they must have gone quick!!!!

First hints of a 2nd Sydney show....

Was just checking out accommodation near the venue at a cheapie (formula1) and the usual rate is $69 a night, but it jumps to $219 a night on the 13th AND the 14th of december.....

so maybe a 2nd show on the 14th??

:)

• Subscriber

would be nice to have just ONE OFFICIAL FINAL WORD on this from say BAJA/U2com (especially if TM and ticketec have confirmed its allowable to reuse your code but only to makeup your 4 TIX entitlement for the ONE show(venue/city) per code/member due to not being able to select a mix of seats/GA in the 1 transaction thus the need to do 2 transactions to complete what we wanted for that same show(venue/city) - totalling 4 tix limit for that same code

I think they didnt allow for the ticketing agencies system of only one type of tix at a time and the fact that members may want to mix their tix and not get just 4 GA tix, for example, 2 GA and 2 Res Seats, thus requiring 2 transactions and reusing same code would make sense to complete the 4 tix limit

and hopefully that should satisfy all (or most!)

I am not doing anything further until I see it HERE! LOL :)