iT'S OFFICIAL U2 + DOWN UNDER (UPDATED 8/30/2010 6 pm PST)

• Subscriber

blue hammer is right there will be plenty of peeps with extra tickets to sell / swap - there is a folder in the sub side for just that and it will no doubt be up and running soon for anyone to post what they need have

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

blue hammer is right there will be plenty of peeps with extra tickets to sell / swap - there is a folder in the sub side for just that and it will no doubt be up and running soon for anyone to post what they need have
Yep it's already up and running on the other sites I mentioned. And their layouts work. tongue.gif
  • Subscriber

Thank you very much guys/girls that sounds like a great idea.smile.gif

Can you tell im new? hehe

• Subscriber

[quote name='dfunk257 wrote:

Leonie']blue hammer is right there will be plenty of peeps with extra tickets to sell / swap - there is a folder in the sub side for just that and it will no doubt be up and running soon for anyone to post what they need have

Thank you very much guys/girls that sounds like a great idea.smile.gif

Can you tell im new? hehe

we were all new at one stage - just chill it will all work out - one thing you will find is that U2 fans are brilliant and very helpful and i am sure with tickets trades / swaps selling you will get what you want.

• Subscriber
seams a bit silly to not have another pre sale for u2.com members whhhy should we have to fight it out with general public

silly or not that is the way it has been - dont take my word for it i am just saying how it has been previously is all

[quote name='cure1973 wrote:

one_bad_lemon']FAQS states -

code to be used ONCE only, ONE code per transaction, up to 4 tix limit

what if you bought only 2 tix say first up, can you go back and use this same code and buy 2 more to make up the 4 limit per code

it wouldnt let me choose the mix neither, hence went for RZ only x2

very confusing!

but I'd rather be safe than sorry so won't try don't think and instead go via public sale

exactly what i did.....missed out on rz2 though....jeez they must have gone quick!!!!

I found the limit of 2 redzone tickets by ticketmaster frustrating. actually wanted 4. ended up getting 2 redzone and 2 seated. would really like to get redzone tickets. also annoyed that i'm hit with 2 x handling charges bcos ticketmaster didn't allow the mix of tickets for one transaction. 

• Subscriber

thats a good point Sasikala maybe THAT's why Ticketmaster didnt allow the mix of tix so we would be forced to go in and try for more - did you reuse your code then to get the 2 seats? I considered it but the confusion has stopped me from doing anything as I don't want to risk my RZ tix

*sigh* page 60 and we are still none the wiser.. LOL

[quote name='bestia wrote:

bluehammer wrote:

bestia']I think alot of the confusion is due to the fact that Ticketek and Ticketmaster are different with respect to their ticket numbers:

Ticketmaster: Perth & Melbourne:

Please note: There is a limit of 4 tickets per transaction

Ticketek: Sydney & Brisbane

TICKET LIMIT: 4 ticket per city per member
-so you can buy 4 for Brisbane and 4 for Sydney - confirmed by Ticketek.

Hmmm yes. very clear. 
tongue.gif

Although does 4 tickets per transaction mean you can buy 8 tickets in 2 transactions...hahaha!!!
roll.gif

I decided to experiment with my presale access code. I've bought 4 tickets for the Melbourne show. Ticketmaster correctly did not allow me to proceed with purchase as I've used my code. However, ticketek let me use the same code to select tickets in Sydney and I could proceed to the checkout stage. Obviously they've not found a way to close of this loophole. And seriously if they haven't and allow fans to purchase multiple tickets, I don't think fans should be penalised.

• Subscriber

just wantedto add that the motel we were talkig about near stadum for second show has put price to $219 a night for the 14 & you have to pay up frony & ther is no cancellations or changes now if that isent giving us a big sign what is.

should i book now or wait for gig to be announced.