Seating advice

Yeah, I was like "WOW! $350, I dunno about that" From the pictures above it looks like you could get equally as close with general admission. I reckon $99 GA would be fine. I do plan on getting there really early to wait around. I can't see when the shows start though, however would 12pm be suffice? :) I wanna get right up there.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was like "WOW! $350, I dunno about that" From the pictures above it looks like you could get equally as close with general admission. I reckon $99 GA would be fine. I do plan on getting there really early to wait around. I can't see when the shows start though, however would 12pm be suffice? :) I wanna get right up there.
Ticketek is saying 7:45pm start for the NZ show smile.gif

Redcloud - 12pm is fine mate - I didn't get there until 1:30pm on both days - I was probably about 70th or 80th in line at the time, but don't worry if that happens to you -the stadium is huge and you will get down the front no worries.

Just make sure you take some food/drinks, maybe some playing cards/ magazines to keep yourself amused. You won't be allowed to take any drinks into the stadium with you and if you take a bag, it will have to be checked by security before you are let in (which can slow things down a bit). 

Oh VERY important - make sure you take some sunscreen, a hat and also a rain jacket/poncho in case it rains!!  :)

Troy - Ticketek is advertising that you can only buy Redzone tickets through them - which also means they are probably taking a healthy slice of the cash you're paying for that ticket.

Cool. So you reckon having no bags will make things easier? I'm gonna wait around with my friend for a few hours I'd probably bring something to eat and drink, and maybe my Nintendo DS! :D Is it just a mad dash to the front once they open the gates?

Will they let me in with a snapshot camera?

Sorry for the questions, but this is actually my first concert ever! Glad it's U2.

Wow - well what a gig to be going to for your first one! Lucky you. My first stadium gig was Popmart back in '98 at the SFS (or whatever they call it these days).

I doubt you'll be allowed to take a camera in - we couldn't last time - but they will allow mobile phones - so... if you got a camera on that :) I got a few great shots of Bono, Edge and Adam last time as they all looked down on me and my sister from the catwalk. It was awesome indeed !

Once you get through the gates you will just have to walk at a very brisk pace to the stage - if any of the security see you running, they'll stop you and likely make you go back to the gates and then you'll miss out on being really close to the stage (not worth the risk, just walk very quickly and you'll be fine).

Mum just came into my room and said "go for red zone, they're your favourite band, you should" Now I don't know. Is it better to be in the ring or out on the sides in the red zone? Arrghh, such a desision before tomorrow.

Going with one friend who lives in Queensland. I live in Adelaide and nobody wanted to see them with me, they don't like U2. I can't believe their bad tastes. But my buddy in QLD is a mad fan too. I just want to know if getting up to that ring is better than being in the ring and being covered by the bridge.