Hello Mummy, You are logged in with a free account.

mummy

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

mick james wrote:

Janette B wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

mick james']We do have a small population relatively Mummy, but we have a very high number of U2 fans per-capita.

Just out of interest, Australians spend the most money world-wide, per-person on concert tickets.

Is that because tickets for you are so much more expensive or just that more of you go to shows?

Maybe also because acts tour there less often than U.S. or Europe, so higher demand?

lol, let me clarify.

Australians attend more rock concerts than anyone else in the world per capita.

And just out of interest, 99% bands come here often, and 99% of concerts are the same price here that they are anywhere else.   The only shows that don't come here, or come here and jack the price up are U2 and Madonna - those acts who have custom stages/ rigs where that can't be hired off the local production companies.

In the last year we've had major tours by Muse, Pearl Jam,Pink, BEP, George Michael,  Pixies,  Faith No More, AC/DC. Underworld, Kasabian, and loads more, and coming up in the next few months we have Metallica, Bon Jovi, Iron Maiden, Muse (for the second time in a year), The Eagles, Chemical Brothers, QOTSA, Slayer, Primus, etc etc.

We may be in the sticks from the point of veiw of those on the top half of the planet, but believe it or not, bands enjoy touring here - and generally they all come and play here in our summer to escape your winter!

Okay, okay simmer down, lol . . . . you sound upset and I assure you that my comments were not intended to offend you! I never said nor have I ever thought that you are in the sticks. I know that bands tour Australia and I'm sure that bands enjoy touring there even though they are not escaping my winter as I'm in sunny southern California clap.gif- one day I will tour your country too. Just speculating based upon all the comments about U2 not coming, wasn't meant as anything derogatory about your country!!! Okay? Pretty please? cute.gif

It's ok, i'm sure. Being Australian also, i can tell that he is not offended or upset, he is just being matter-of-fact, to-the-point, and telling it as it is.

It's nice that you are concerned though :) We like to say things as we see it. We are honest and straight-forward with our opinions, in comparison to many other cultures. I like it, and it's easy to know when you are getting a raw deal that way or not.

I see about 10 concerts a year, on average, and compared to many people i know, that is hardly anything :)

• Subscriber

mick james wrote:

lol, let me clarify.

And just out of interest, 99% bands come here often, and 99% of concerts are the same price here that they are anywhere else.   The only shows that don't come here, or come here and jack the price up are U2 and Madonna - those acts who have custom stages/ rigs where that can't be hired off the local production companies.

In the last year we've had major tours by Muse, Pearl Jam,Pink, BEP, George Michael,  Pixies,  Faith No More, AC/DC. Underworld, Kasabian, and loads more, and coming up in the next few months we have Metallica, Bon Jovi, Iron Maiden, Muse (for the second time in a year), The Eagles, Chemical Brothers, QOTSA, Slayer, Primus, etc etc.

We may be in the sticks from the point of veiw of those on the top half of the planet, but believe it or not, bands enjoy touring here - and generally they all come and play here in our summer to escape your winter!

Okay, okay simmer down, lol . . . . you sound upset and I assure you that my comments were not intended to offend you! I never said nor have I ever thought that you are in the sticks. I know that bands tour Australia and I'm sure that bands enjoy touring there even though they are not escaping my winter as I'm in sunny southern California clap.gif- one day I will tour your country too. Just speculating based upon all the comments about U2 not coming, wasn't meant as anything derogatory about your country!!! Okay? Pretty please? cute.gif

i don think you need to worry, jan! mick itsnt the type to get offended quickly. his posts are always a bit ironic and he states the truth with a smile! tongue in cheeck , i think you call it?wink.gif

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Janette B']
mick james wrote:

lol, let me clarify.

Okay, okay simmer down, lol . . . . you sound upset and I assure you that my comments were not intended to offend you! I never said nor have I ever thought that you are in the sticks. I know that bands tour Australia and I'm sure that bands enjoy touring there even though they are not escaping my winter as I'm in sunny southern California
clap.gif
- one day I will tour your country too. Just speculating based upon all the comments about U2 not coming, wasn't meant as anything derogatory about your country!!! Okay? Pretty please?
cute.gif

i don think you need to worry, jan! mick itsnt the type to get offended quickly. his posts are always a bit ironic and he states the truth with a smile! tongue in cheeck , i think you call it?wink.gif

Oi!

Sorry if i sounded cranky!

Anyways, I love you girls, and I love that Wifey and I will be right down the front in Sydney!!

• Subscriber

[quote name='Phippsy wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

Janette B']
mick james wrote:

lol, let me clarify.

Okay, okay simmer down, lol . . . . you sound upset and I assure you that my comments were not intended to offend you! I never said nor have I ever thought that you are in the sticks. I know that bands tour Australia and I'm sure that bands enjoy touring there even though they are not escaping my winter as I'm in sunny southern California
clap.gif
- one day I will tour your country too. Just speculating based upon all the comments about U2 not coming, wasn't meant as anything derogatory about your country!!! Okay? Pretty please?
cute.gif

i don think you need to worry, jan! mick itsnt the type to get offended quickly. his posts are always a bit ironic and he states the truth with a smile! tongue in cheeck , i think you call it?
wink.gif

Oi!

Sorry if i sounded cranky!

Anyways, I love you girls, and I love that Wifey and I will be right down the front in Sydney!!

Love you too, Mick (if, in fact, this really is you???) Glad I didn't offend you!!!

• Subscriber
Holy crap, apparantly my name has been changed to Phippsy and that was my first post.......

My name is Mick Ja.................................................

LOL . . . . and so it appears that there are a few "bugs" to work out!!!