lets make new classics bring back unknown caller to live shows

richardfsmith

• Subscriber

If we are looking for new classics, I think Magnificent deserves to be one - so glad it's still included in the show and hope it stays in for the U.S. next year. For me, Unknown Caller should be a classic with the sing-a-long verse and the snow globe for every city. Breathe is a personal classic - I love how the mood of this song changes from edgy (no pun intended) and aggitated to joyous and uplifting, just so U2!!! So glad that I was able to experience these at the Rose Bowl and sad to see them depart.

• Subscriber
frown.gif I totally agree.  Oh how thrilled I was to hear that two of my four all time favorites were on the 360 set list-Unforgettable Fire + Ultraviolet, as well as 7 songs from NLOTH.  Well, U2 is not very predictable in many ways, but sure enough, as the tour goes on, more tired old hits are added and new and non-hit stuff gets dropped like flies.  So now, you guys rotate a few oddities in here and there. But it's pretty much the same old setlist from the last 4 - 5 tours.  Larry claims it's not about the hits, but reality seems to prove otherwise.  To me, a setlist full of tired old hits (no matter how loud they make the crowd scream) equals nostalgia act.  And That is NOT how I like to think of this band that I have been so devoted to for almost 30 years.  Frankly, it feels like a slap in the face.