A plea to Bono for help

Nojeba

My country needs help. Millions have been left homeless and are starving after the floods worse than Tsunami in my country. You can help save them.

I believe my country needs a true, honest humanitarian like you. I know people say Pakistan is a corrupt country which deserves this. But the people suffering are poor and innocent.

My country is full of corrupt people, I have seen flood victims fight over a bag of rice and are willing to take a beating for it.

I dont have the resources but have the manpower and heart to help these people. But i need your help. All im asking for is a concert in Pakistan to raise funds for these flood victims. Or any sort of charity but I need your help to organize. I trust you, i dont trust our corrupt politicians.

Iv been a big U2 fan for over 10 years. Iv dreamt of attending a u2 concert but havnt been able to due to lack of resources. But more than that im a big fan of humanitarians like you. All i ask for is a way to raise funds for flood victims in my country with your help.

Regards,
Nojeba Haider

Would they be protected by the government there? I mean, every government benefits from U2. These are not your everyday band. These men are basically a light for the rest of us. People have to stop being extreme in their views. Humanity is not perfect, that is no reason to turn to violence. Bono is a gift to many, a light to many, his and the bands safety is the most important thing in this world. I wish you the best in your desire, just remember, Bono's safety and the others is the most important thing. Bono is a Peacemaker, like Ghandi, one of kind man, like a diamond in a haystock, Bono is a very loved and respected man.

Realmawake

I agree U2 is not an ordinary band, that is why im appealing to them for help. Religious extremists have given wrong impressions about our country and about our beliefs. We believe in peace and that is the reason why i believe Bono is a true humanitarian and he can help us. Yes our government would protect them if they come to help us. We did have a Bryan Adams concert in Pakistan which I attended myself and he was given best of security. There are many diehard U2 fans in Pakistan like myself who will be willing to protect U2.

Larry King on CNN said today chances are if floods continue 90% of Pakistan will be under water and there will be scarcity of pure drinking water in the country. I shudder to think what will happen next.

If very country had a man like Bono I feel the world would be a more peaceful place to live in.

U2 and Bono, my country is dying, poor innocent children are dying. Iv seen what youv done in Africa, Iv seen what youv done for aids. Please help my country.

• Subscriber

how about contacting the leaders in your country?

no offence but bono is not god. he is a musician. thats his job. saving the world isnt. bono works very hard for the aids crisis, good on him. but maybe he will say something on the current tour to make people more aware.

i think its kind of unfair to run to bono with world problems.

• Subscriber

how about contacting the leaders in your country?

no offence but bono is not god. he is a musician. thats his job. saving the world isnt. bono works very hard for the aids crisis, good on him. but maybe he will say something on the current tour to make people more aware.

Yeah, and some people make the mistake that Bono thinks he's God- here's a joke they made- 

Q: What's the difference between Bono and God? 
A: God doesn't think he's God. 

That just shows how bad the sense of humour of some U2 haters is.

• Subscriber

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

MacFoley']how about contacting the leaders in your country?

Yeah, and some people make the mistake that Bono thinks he's God- here's a joke they made- 

Q: What's the difference between Bono and God? 
A: God doesn't think he's God. 

That just shows how bad the sense of humour of some U2 haters is.
i think that joke is pretty funny actually. and u2 have made some toss songs and so-so albums. not everything they touch turns to gold you know.

oprah is pretty powerful

bill gates is very powerful and wealthy

bono cant do everything

there are a ton of people who want to help

try being more flexible and resourceful too

honey, please dont put all your eggs in one basket

keep your eyes and ears open for all opportunities

help and options do exist

keep looking

keep asking

network, network, network