A plea to Bono for help

Nojeba

My country needs help. Millions have been left homeless and are starving after the floods worse than Tsunami in my country. You can help save them.

I believe my country needs a true, honest humanitarian like you. I know people say Pakistan is a corrupt country which deserves this. But the people suffering are poor and innocent.

My country is full of corrupt people, I have seen flood victims fight over a bag of rice and are willing to take a beating for it.

I dont have the resources but have the manpower and heart to help these people. But i need your help. All im asking for is a concert in Pakistan to raise funds for these flood victims. Or any sort of charity but I need your help to organize. I trust you, i dont trust our corrupt politicians.

Iv been a big U2 fan for over 10 years. Iv dreamt of attending a u2 concert but havnt been able to due to lack of resources. But more than that im a big fan of humanitarians like you. All i ask for is a way to raise funds for flood victims in my country with your help.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Please know that I am praying for you and your fellow suffering nationals.  It is unfortunate the worldwide corruption everywhere is bringing so much wrath upon this world.  You are my brother/sister in Father Abraham and I will support your country through monetary giving, but especially with prayer.  May all hearts be turned to our Father in Heaven, who LOVES us.  I Love you and will not stop praying with you for a greater humanitarian relief and comfort for your nation.

God Bless You,

KCC

Thankyou for your prayers. My country has been given a bad reputation due to religious fanatics but Iv lived here all my life. Pakistan isnt a bad country, my people are just helpless and frustrated because they have no place to live and food to eat.

The floods have displaced millions of innocent, poor people, who have nothing but the clothes they wear on their back. They have no home, no food, no job, no clothes, not even water to drink.

Bono, my country is dying. More than my own government I believe you can help save its people. My country needs honest, charismatic leaders like you. Please help me save the people of my country.

• Subscriber

he's just a little bit busy at the moment hun but hold on help and aid are coming.  I am vice chair of my daughters parents teachers and friends group and  we raise money for our schools by doing bags to school.  This is when we donate all of our unwanted clothing and bedding etc which is then weighed (the schools then get so much per kilo) and is then sent to countries that are in the greatest need.

What do you need the most of - besides the obvious of food 

We also have a shoe box system where all the children bring in things in shoe boxes around harvest time.  Thinks like dried pasta are very cheap over here and don't weigh very much so would be ideal and canned goods fruit etc as being in tins it wouldn't rot - then you will need can openers. Do you need things like soap/salt any basic stuff that we all take for granted?

You need clean water don't you and there are tablets (I remember them when I was in the medical corp in the territorial army) that can be put into dirty water and after about 1 hour it is completely sanitized and drinkable

Any more suggestions hun the schools are back next week hun so I can get an emergency meeting together.

We also send cuddly toys for the children.

Lots of love and we will pray for the waters to subside so that you can start re-building but I'm afraid it is probably all down to that volcano in Iceland as all that ash being pumped into the atmosphere was bound to have an effect on the weather systems.  It is absolutely pouring down where I live but here in England it is very hilly so not as prone to floods in most areas.  I hope after this your country will build an excellent sewer system so that this will not be repeated.  It is a pity we cannot build a water pipeline and send all the water to a desert plain.

Remember the human survival instinct is very powerful which is why people are prepared to be maimed in order to preserve the lives of their families.

please forgive those who are displaying this force as they cannot help themselves.

blue_butterfly.gif

• Subscriber

One more thing that has just occured to me Nojeba.  Does your country produce a lot of tea? If so I presume a lot of these crops will now be useless so tea will be extremely scarce.  As the U.K. is a nation of tea drinkers now would be a good time to invest in shares or stocks of tea.  This is just an idea and I have absolutely no idea about the stock market but something positive has to come out of this disaster and if it is a chance for you to finally have the ability to get the resources or pay for the resources you need then so be it.

I apologise if I have not articulated myself very well here.

I recently found out that our recycling efforts have all been in vain because they are not being recycled in my country they are just shipped of to China with the exception of plastic that can't be recycled.  However the plastic tubs that can'b be recycled make excellent storage tubs and will keep rice/pasta/cous cous/quinoa dry for many months so if I encourage people to save these and fill them with these products which are all carbohydrates and only require hot water hopefully this will be of help.

Anyone else got any ideas?

cute.gif

• Subscriber

Hi again Nojeba (lovely name btw) have just looked on google and your country is one of the biggest importers of tea.

I shall assume that the profit making overloads will now use this to their advantage and unscruptulously try to extract as much money as possible for the price of tea.

Tea is a commodity then in your country and only the really rich will be able to afford it?

Lots of tea bags then

My own personal favourite is Sainsbuys's Earl Grey

tea is really cheap over here

How many kilo's of tea bags would you like and will you have to pay custom tax or if it comes via the red cross or a charity will we get away with it.thumbsup.gif

thanku for all your suggestions. The biggest problem right now is clean drinking water for the flood victims. So many children have died in the shelters because of cholera. We are sending them basic food items and water but they run out of stock within a week or two weeks. The other basic issue is there are many rural areas which cannot be reached after the floods by foot or car. Helicopters have dropped food bags in such areas but we dont have enough helicopters. We are also in need of blankets, floor mattresses, soap, candles, etc.

Nojeba

I am very moved by your post. How did you yourself get affected by the floods?

Is there an address where we can send things like spices etc to or do you prefer money gifts?

Always send money to a well known organization and never to an individual, especially someone that you do not know, and particularly on the internet.
Doctors Without Borders is an international relief organization, that won the Nobel Peace Prize, and is very well known.
Also, other well known organizations are red cross and unicef.....