PRESALE CODE PROBLEMS post here so I can keep track

Bajagirl

• Subscriber

[quote name='zina wrote:

zina']Hi Baja,

I have had the same problem as Alexander...I'm a Horizon member I put in my ticket request for 4 tix then the screen crashed...then put in for 2 tickets with the same code..then ended up with 6 tickets....I also dont want my tickets or membership cancelled.....is that going to be ok?

I have just spoken with Ticketek & I have just been told that as I ordered 6 tickets under the one code i run the chance of the tickets being cancelled as "the promotor has instructed Ticketek that only 4 tickets can be purchased under 1 code per member per city"

I have now cancelled the other 2 tickets that I got under the same code...

I am not taking any chances of being turned away at the gate...

I understand that there is a lot of conflicting information from the people at Ticketek however, Im not taking any chances...

I hope this helps others...

Did they call you or you called them ?

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='Nniixx wrote:

zina wrote:

zina']Hi Baja,

I have had the same problem as Alexander...I'm a Horizon member I put in my ticket request for 4 tix then the screen crashed...then put in for 2 tickets with the same code..then ended up with 6 tickets....I also dont want my tickets or membership cancelled.....is that going to be ok?

I have just spoken with Ticketek & I have just been told that as I ordered 6 tickets under the one code i run the chance of the tickets being cancelled as "the promotor has instructed Ticketek that only 4 tickets can be purchased under 1 code per member per city"

I have now cancelled the other 2 tickets that I got under the same code...

I am not taking any chances of being turned away at the gate...

I understand that there is a lot of conflicting information from the people at Ticketek however, Im not taking any chances...

I hope this helps others...

Did they call you or you called them ?

Did they let you cancel them? Did you get a refund

If I bought 2 Sydney tix and 1 Brisbane Tix on the same code - I am OK right?

Nope, one code per SHOW, ALL the same type of tickets - Baja

• Subscriber

Hello Baja and others... more of a piece of information,

LiveNation have responded to a question on their Facebook page about conflicting information from Ticketmaster and Ticketek Agents as follows:

The rules stated by U2.com are the rules that apply. If you have been given contradictory information we have followed this up with both agents.

The "contradictory information" they are referring to remains on the sites of both ticket agents. 

Tickets purchased under the ticket agents conditions must surely be valid, but wouldn't it be good to have this actually cleared up prior to Monday?

Best of luck.

WE became aware that agents were given incorrect information, this has been corrected. The rules are those stated on U2.com - Baja

• Subscriber

What a joke !!!!!!!!!- the link from the U2 page takes you to a Ticketek link that states something different....no-one should get their tickets cancelled after this FARCE!!!! I am so annoyed by this.

Hi Niinx,

After reading all the different blogs...I called them & told them what happened...I had to cancel the 2 extra tickets or run the risk of all tickets being cancelled...

U will be ok...as u can get 4 tickets...per city ...per code

So u will be fine....no probs

Hope this helps...

They will refund the cost of the extra 2 tickets within 2 working days....I have been assured....:)

I called them & got the girls name....she also spoke with her supervisor...

To be honest with everyone....just buy up to:

4 tickets
per code
per City
per member

I was told that u can't buy tickets by using both codes for the same city....eg: to buy up 2 8 tickets in Sydney by using the 2 codes from the same member.....they will be cancelled....as per Natasha from Ticketek

That is the rules.....otherwise we run the risk of cancellation.....& we don't want that...

I am trying to buy Sydney tix from my magnificent account but my presale isn't working. It says it is invalid or expired. I can however get tickets for every other show except Brisbane....HELP!

Do u have another code u can use....maybe try that one....or u may have used up your limit...

• Subscriber

To be honest with everyone....just buy up to:

4 tickets
per code
per City
per member

I was told that u can't buy tickets by using both codes for the same city....eg: to buy up 2 8 tickets in Sydney by using the 2 codes from the same member.....they will be cancelled....as per Natasha from Ticketek

That is the rules.....otherwise we run the risk of cancellation.....& we don't want that...
That contradicts what i was told whcih was the the code was just an access point and as long as you had sufficent codes to cover your number of tickets you would be fine. My ticketek person also spoke to their supervisor eyes.giffrown.gif

Also what you said you were told contracdicts what you said

4 tickets
per code
per City
per member

which doesn't make it clear any way as that can be read as 4 tix to each city.

It should have been 1 pre-sales code per member and then that entitles them to 4 tickets to 1 show in one city - if that's what they were trying to say.

But now it's gone around the block and via chinese whispers and numerous interpretations that i don;t think anyone has any idea what it should mean.

And that's why there is so much confusoin and backlash from people who've bought their tickets in good faith, based on a set of hodge podge FAQs that are clearly unclear frown.gif and rules that donlt seem to have been enforced by the ticket vendors.

Help

I am in the Boots presale but my code stopped working (It is saying that it is incorrect !)

I went into the ticketek site using my access code to check prices, BUT I NEVER bought any tickets !!!

Please help !

Thanks

I contacted ticketek in New Zealand, they said that is was not their issue and referred me to u2.com.
I phoned u2.com in the states and they could not help me and referred me back to ticketek in New Zealand!! The guy in the states from the u2.com support line did tell me that no tickets have been bought and assigned to my access code.
So why cant I get access in the ticketek site ?
It comes up as "Incorrect. Please try again" the code is correct though!!!

I have been into the ticketek site using my code to check prices, but I never purchased any tickets. And this has been confirmed by the u2.com guy I phoned.

Long time U2 fan getting really annoyed here.

Can any one help? Maybe Baja?
Thanks

Ive sent your info in - Baja