PRESALE CODE PROBLEMS post here so I can keep track

Bajagirl

• Subscriber
I used my second pre sale code to buy Red Zone Tickets for the Seville concert. The date for this concert has been changed and I cannot attend the show. I have had my tickets cancelled by Ticketmaster, as requested, but I would also like my code back so I can use it for the Australia shows. I have tried the contact though the help section and despite several replies from Barbara, I have had no definite answer. I tried calling the help line last night and I was told they were looking at people who had used the codes for show that have been moved and now could not attend the new date. I was promised an answer before the Aus/NZ presale starts. It has started and still no answer.

I have renewed and got another code but I still haven't got an answer on my original code. Can someone please answer my querie? Thanks

Ill send in your request - Baja

UPDATE: is this Moscow or another account? as the MOSCOW account shows having joined on 8/25, please edit and post the display name of the account in question - Baja

My user name is Offshoreram. I'm not sure where Moscow Horizon came from!

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Hi my friend Nicole was a member last year and had heaps of probs with her account that were never resolved so she did not join again but had a presale code which she wrote down and was not used. When the tour was announced she tried to get an answer from live nation about whether she could still use the code and they eventually answered saying only if its attached to a current membership. I have already just purchased my tickets with my code - but can I use my friends code to purchase tickets on her behalf because I am a current member? Very confusing I know - she just wants a red zone for melb... if you can let me know asap that would be great. ch

cheers.

Unused codes are valid even if the member has expired, she can purchase her own tickets-Baja

I havent recieved a code, not in tours or account info

When did you join? It takes 1-2 business days to process. If you just joined your code will pop in as soon as the charge clears, and you are in the CEDAR group, your presale starts on Monday Aug 30th - Baja

• Subscriber

[quote name='voxxiegirl wrote:

Stay logged into the Ticketmaster or Ticketek website. (whichever one is yours). There's no direct link to the fanclub pre-sale from the main page there however.

Go back to U2 presale page and click on word 'tickets' again. STAY LOGGED IN to ticketmaster or ticketek though

Because you are now already logged in it will now take you to the pre-sale page on ticketek or ticketmaster so you can purchase.  Don't panic....this will work.

Good luck. Karen.
Bliss07']Hello when on u2.com presale, choosing Sydney, it takes me to ticketek.com site. Where is the pre sale area please? If I use the BUY NOW button it does not take me to any section asking me to enter my presale 2U2C code.

Buy as it was a normal transaction and there will be a window for the code to be put it. Also for ticketek its best to have an account already set up - Baja

Hey Bliss...

Select Sydney, and then there will like a drop down on the P1, P2... etc.... at the bottom of this will be a passwords section .... this is where you enter the presale code...

Then hit Next, or Go...and go on to purchase tickets. Yuo select the type of ticket on the next page...

• Subscriber
Hi Bahagirl, I have not received a response to my email confirming I was a member prior to April 2009, and therefore should be entitled to another presale code. I cannot access "My Home" to enable me to send you an email. Presale starts in 1 hour.

Just sent your info to admin, again. My apologies, but I can only do so much- Baja

Thanks, hopefully will get a code in next day or so

• Subscriber

Bajagirl thank you. However it does not work. I already have a ticketek acount set up and am logged in. It does not show any option of putting presale code in. when I go back to the U2.com site, tickets group1, sydney.....again it takes me to ticketek and the BUYNOW button is not pullign through to any other page. I've logged in and out of u2.com and ticketek 7 times. Is there a technical problem with the sale for Sydney please?

Try erasing your cookies and using a different browser. This sometimes helps. Tell me (in this post) how it goes - Baja

• Subscriber

Hi my friend Nicole was a member last year and had heaps of probs with her account that were never resolved so she did not join again but had a presale code which she wrote down and was not used. When the tour was announced she tried to get an answer from live nation about whether she could still use the code and they eventually answered saying only if its attached to a current membership. I have already just purchased my tickets with my code - but can I use my friends code to purchase tickets on her behalf because I am a current member? Very confusing I know - she just wants a red zone for melb... if you can let me know asap that would be great. ch

cheers.

Unused codes are valid even if the member has expired, she can purchase her own tickets-Baja

you are a legend Baja - just texted Nicole and she will buy asap. Thanks for getting back to me really appreciate it as does she and so much for Live Nation giving her the right info!!! ; ) by the way I had no issues with my transaction so yay for a smooth ride. : )

Baja,

Hope you can help me, I realise im in the Cedar group and have my code and all that what i want to know is about the package deals...

For the perth gig, it lists sections like P1, P2 etc... but no where can i find what section this is, is there a list for the 'P ' codes for Perth anywhere?

Cheers

nathanmann

Packages are NOT subject to presale-Baja

Yeah thats fine i understand that, what i wanted to know is there a list of what P1, P2 etc... mean for the Perth Gig?

cheers

nathanmann

• Subscriber

Baja - thank you. I managed to secure 2 tickets. I think it was user error this end......as 02:30am where I am and the neurons were not firing.....it helped when I saw the venue drop down menu on the right of the ticketek screen! (rather then the link on the main web site). Thank you for your help.