Mercy---a cool song u2 DID PERFORM IN ZURICH---!!!

xtraspicy62

• Subscriber

I really like the live of Marcy version U2 played in Zurich. Ever since I heard the original version off the Unreleased and rare complilation, I've always thought it was a lovely song but lacking that certain something.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "because, because, because" part doesn't work for me.

The rest of it is ok - but is feels like its kinda lacking something now.

I've always thought the original version was too long and dragged on too much, but not sure about this new arrangement either.

That's precisely where i am. Some are so hellbent on other boards about how sacred the original is. I disgree, but would trade a Because (alluding to BECAUSE THE NIGHT ?)  refrain for a binary code violins /nero lyrical swap and truce.

I do not want this to revert to the rainbows and mush of original. Mercy me, indeed. Mercy is a virtue and not interchangeable with love, etc. Mercy is forgiveness and difference. More songs, please!

• Subscriber

[quote name='zooropa_rockz wrote:

xtraspicy62']you guys...dont you think theres something to the rumor that U2 reads this forum? Just look at the evidence in zurich!!!

Eee mee gursh!!!!!! your rite!!!!! umm.....BONO I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! (also please, please, PLEASE play Zooropa. nxt year's my first show and Zooropa would make it sooo special. please play it in Philly. please. thankz so much!!!!!)well if this was viewed almost 900x you'd think someone would see it!