I COULD NOT GET IN EITHER

I WAS USING INTERNET EXPLORER

I DOWNLOADED THE FREE MOZILLA FIREFOX BROWSER

AND NOW I CAN GET IN, NO PROBLEM

I CHECKED BACK INTO IE

AND IT STILL DOES NOT ALLOW ACCESS

GET YOUR FREE DOWNLOAD HERE:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/download.html

Cookies are just files that are put on your computer that have login detales and other random crap that websties I use ccleaner which is a good program that deletes things like that plus tempory files that IE put on your computer

i've been hearing bout this deleting of cookies for almost a year now, and i still have now idea how that works! i know what cookies are but how the hell can one delete them?? and are there risks attached to doin so?
Hi babs, cookies are little bits of information that reside on your computer and help you get the most out of surfing the net.  For instance, if you come to U2.com and don't want the hassle of typing in your username and password each time, you can check a box that says "remember me..." When you check that box, U2.com place a cookie on your computer that has your username and password information so that when you log on you are automatically signed in.

Sometimes though, they can interfere with your surfing experience and it may be necessary to delete them so that your browser can "reset" and work the way its meant to. If you delete your cookies, what happens is that your log in information is deleted for all the sites that you visit log into.  You will have to reinsert your username and password.  You can then click "remember me" and it will put a new cookie on your computer.

Just so you know - U2.com are currently updating the site so there are some glitches.  For instance, one can't access profiles with I.E.  Deleting your cookies won't solve this problem.  The problem isn't with your browser.  The problem is with U2.com - they need to tweak the site a little so it's more compatible with browsers, including Internet Explorer.  People shouldn't have to choose a different browser to access a site.

So, now that you know a little more about cookies, if you still want to delete them, you can do it very simply in Internet Explorer:

1. Click on Tools.

2. In the drop-down menu click Internet Options

3. Ensure you are on the General tab, then choose Delete Cookies... 

4. A box will appear. Click OK.

It's as simple as that.