• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mummy wrote:

nazhira wrote:

mummy wrote:

nazhira']

If you read again you'll see that's exactly what I'm saying...

The specific sentence about religions is what I think about them.

Me, I'm the person who would never put limits what other people wants to say, I you want to critizice Mormons, you have the right to do it. In the same way I have the right to say that I think this discussion is not the one I'm interested in. But It's just what I feel.

PS: How have you been doing mummy ? I hope everything is ok in you life !

Sorry Naz,  I was in a rush when I read it.  And I only glanced over it quickly and then made a quick response.  My mistake.  :-)

Anyway, to address the original question/observation without referring to anyone's religious affiliations:

I don't believe in any existence other than the existence we have now.  I don't believe we lived before and that we will live as someone else when we die.  I believe that the force that actuates our mind creates a personality based on that force and its interaction with the chemicals within our brain.  The force itself has no mind or personality in itself.  It's similar to electricity in that electrical power is nothing unless it has a medium for conducting itself.  ah.... I have a banquet to go to now but I'll finish this later..... it's a long discussion that requires a lot of explaining.... needless to say,  I've spent many hours thinking on this
Hi sweety ! you have nothing to be sorry about. You know I love you...

that force, it's a good idea, but still that force can make us live many lives, or go to heaven, or live in hell like others say... what about this force... when, how, where, who, ... ? 
The "force" I talk about does not have personality or an ability to "memorize" because it doesn't have a brain.  The "force" is the life-force given to us from God.  It has no feelings, it has no sense of awareness, it has no life in itself.  It only becomes active within a body and this actuation only takes place at conception and the force is taken from one living being to another (i.e. a mother to a baby).  What that means is that we all share the same force going back to the very first humans - Adam and Eve.  So, how it works is that God put the life force into Adam. God then made Eve and put the life force into her. When Adam and Eve had children, they passed that life-force on and so on and so forth all the way down to you and I. We too have the ability to use pass that force onto our children.  The force itself has no affiliation with any particular human because it just duplicates itself as part of the impregnation process thus allowing the continuation of life.  The force in humans and animals and all living things is the same. The force without a host is nothing and conversely, the host without a force is just an inanimate object. Furthermore, when we die, the force does not go on anywhere else, it just ceases to exist.  Think of electricity.  It acts the same way:  when you plug in a TV, it comes to life by means of the electricity flowing through.  The brains of the operation is the TV.  But when you plug out the TV it dies.  Where does the electricity go that was in it?  It just ceases to exist.  It doesn't go on to become another TV.  It doesn't go to some heaven where all dead TVs are. It just stops existing.

Basically, when we die, we cease to exist.  We have only ONE chance at this life.  If we hope and pray, maybe God will remember us when we die, and maybe, just maybe, he'll put that life force of his back into us.

If you think you lived before as a rodent, a fish, a spider, or a Babylonian king, you may be living in a fantasy world because what you believe cannot be explained in any logical manner.  If you can explain how it all works using logical explanation, you might convert me but as it stands right now, the only logical answer I have to life, is what I wrote above because I can logically explain the advancement of life from the beginning to now.  The whole reincarnation thing, as I understand it, is just a fantastical idea created by some bloke to explain why we experience bad things.  In his interpretation, he might have explained one thing, but he pushed out the explanation of how it all works.

Where's the impregnation part of God creating Adam out of dirt?  How can this force you speak of base our personality on a nonexistent personality?  If our personality is actuated at conception, then neither nurture nor nature would have any impact, which they do.  If you were raised by different parents chances are you would not be the person you are today.

When you unplug a TV the electricity does not cease to exist, it simply ceases to flow into that particular TV.

If there's a logical progression from Adam who was created from dirt, to you and me, who are the result of an egg being fertilized by sperm, I don't see it.  Perhaps you are saying you aren't a result of that?

While our physical bodies 'die' that doesn't mean our consciousness does.  Personally, I don't recall not existing.  Are you able to say you have not existed?

Where's the impregnation part of God creating Adam out of dirt?  How can this force you speak of base our personality on a nonexistent personality?  If our personality is actuated at conception, then neither nurture nor nature would have any impact, which they do.  If you were raised by different parents chances are you would not be the person you are today.

When you unplug a TV the electricity does not cease to exist, it simply ceases to flow into that particular TV.

If there's a logical progression from Adam who was created from dirt, to you and me, who are the result of an egg being fertilized by sperm, I don't see it.  Perhaps you are saying you aren't a result of that?

While our physical bodies 'die' that doesn't mean our consciousness does.  Personally, I don't recall not existing.  Are you able to say you have not existed?

Firstly, God didn't "impregnate" Adam.  Adam was made of dirt and then God "breathed life into him". Secondly, I never said that our personality was actuated at conception; I said life was actuated at conception.  Big difference.  Personality is something you develop, with certain traits inherited from your parents.

When you plug out the TV, the electricity does not remain in the TV, except in certain components that retain electrical power.  But where did the rest go?

I don't think you got what I was saying about the progression of life because you got mixed up with the whole actuation of life vs personality.  That would affect your understanding.

While you don't recall not existing, you don't recall existing either.  Believe what you like Wind.  Believe in the Big Spaghetti Monster in the Sky if it keeps you happy. tongue.gif

The thing is, there are many people who died officialy for medicine, but they came back, and they say they continue and feels extraordinary things, of course that feelings have biological explanation, but the point is after the body stops working, the things (I'll call it soul) continues, at least for a while.

there are documented cases of young children who said, I'm married, I have children and I live in another village (in India), and the family goes to find out and the result is the children are saying the truth, the other famiy verfy the story of the person who is already dead. Now, there are investigations on the birth marks, it's said from these scientists they are marks of the way we died in the previous life.

Something is out there aparently...but who has the truth by now, if someone has it...

[quote name='mummy wrote:

Wind']Where's the impregnation part of God creating Adam out of dirt?  How can this force you speak of base our personality on a nonexistent personality?  If our personality is actuated at conception, then neither nurture nor nature would have any impact, which they do.  If you were raised by different parents chances are you would not be the person you are today.

Firstly, God didn't "impregnate" Adam.  Adam was made of dirt and then God "breathed life into him". Secondly, I never said that our personality was actuated at conception; I said life was actuated at conception.  Big difference.  Personality is something you develop, with certain traits inherited from your parents.

When you plug out the TV, the electricity does not remain in the TV, except in certain components that retain electrical power.  But where did the rest go?

I don't think you got what I was saying about the progression of life because you got mixed up with the whole actuation of life vs personality.  That would affect your understanding.

While you don't recall not existing, you don't recall existing either.  Believe what you like Wind.  Believe in the Big Spaghetti Monster in the Sky if it keeps you happy. tongue.gif

I don't understand how you can say I don't recall existing, or having lived at a previous time in a different body.  Are you really in a position to know that?

You stated that Adam was made of dirt, and there is a logical progression from Adam to you.  How does dirt logically progress to human?

You had stated that when one out plugs a TV, the electricity ceases to exist.  Because the electricity does not remain in the TV, does not mean electricity ceases to exist; it simply no longer flows to that TV.  If there are no components within the TV that have the ability to retain electricity once the flow ceases, electricity is no longer present in that particular TV.  Electricity in and of itself continues to exist though.

What brought on the comment, "Believe what you like Wind"?  Saying I got confused, doesn't answer the questions I posed.  But, that's okay.