Most exciting Bono moments

thetak1

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

the moment bono was talking about war, famine, love and peace live on radio one infront of millions of listeners and i shouted and interupted him mid speech with GET ON EDGE! bono's face looked a little pissed off in the moment, yet i made Edge laugh!

quality!

I laugh at that every single time! Brilliant!

For me it was flying from Sydney to London for the 4th night of Elevation at Earl's Court, August 22 2001.

As I got to London I read that Bono's father had just passed away. I was just off a 30 hour flight and assumed the show would be canceled. But like champions the boys played the gig. My girlfriend-now-wifey and I managed to get to the tip of the heart.

So second song in, halfway through Beautiful Day, Bono starts heading down the runway towards us.

I remember the crush of the crowd from behind being immense, and a bit frightening.

Next thing Bono grabs my hand and pretty much jumps out, kneeling on my girl and I.

We each had a hand and a knee. He then sings the "See the world in green in blue" bit while we're there hand in hand. Then that big bald security dude pulled him back on stage for the chorus.

Considering that was about 10 minutes into the show, I figured that's pretty good value for a 40 pound concert ticket!

• Subscriber

the moment bono was talking about war, famine, love and peace live on radio one infront of millions of listeners and i shouted and interupted him mid speech with GET ON EDGE! bono's face looked a little pissed off in the moment, yet i made Edge laugh!

quality!

I laugh at that every single time! Brilliant!

For me it was flying from Sydney to London for the 4th night of Elevation at Earl's Court, August 22 2001.

As I got to London I read that Bono's father had just passed away. I was just off a 30 hour flight and assumed the show would be canceled. But like champions the boys played the gig. My girlfriend-now-wifey and I managed to get to the tip of the heart.

So second song in, halfway through Beautiful Day, Bono starts heading down the runway towards us.

I remember the crush of the crowd from behind being immense, and a bit frightening.

Next thing Bono grabs my hand and pretty much jumps out, kneeling on my girl and I.

We each had a hand and a knee. He then sings the "See the world in green in blue" bit while we're there hand in hand. Then that big bald security dude pulled him back on stage for the chorus.

Considering that was about 10 minutes into the show, I figured that's pretty good value for a 40 pound concert ticket!

• Subscriber

My most exciting Bono moment was when he was stood right in front of me signing autographs, my worst Bono moment was at pretty much the same time when I froze on the spot speechless apart from an incoherent mumble and without my camera

• Subscriber

My most exciting Bono moment was when he was stood right in front of me signing autographs, my worst Bono moment was at pretty much the same time when I froze on the spot speechless apart from an incoherent mumble and without my camera

auwwgh... no camera, i can see how that makes a very happy and same time very sad memorie {{hug, anjana}}