If there was no U2, then who?

MacFoley

• Subscriber

Who would be the band that would make your pants wet?

Radiohead

Led Zepp

The Cure

Depeche Mode

The Beatles

Tool

Coldplay

Pink Floyd

Muse

Arcade Fire

Metallica

Morrisey/The Smiths

The Stone Roses

Oasis

Who?

For me it would be the Oxford 5 piece, Radiohead. Quality band that deserves to be ranked up with The Beatles and Led Zeppelin. Their music is simply so ahead of its time and out of this world.

And Tool. Just what they stand for, what they say, well lack of interviews, and their videos.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can say whatever band tickles your fancy.

And this is not a thread to slag other artists off, or question one's choices, simply repect the artists.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Well I'm a Paul Weller fan (including his very early days) and I have always stuck with him, so don't plan to change with or without U2. He's not a band mind...

edit: then again he does not make my pants wet lol.

• Subscriber

Well I'm a Paul Weller fan (including his very early days) and I have always stuck with him, so don't plan to change with or without U2. He's not a band mind...

edit: then again he does not make my pants wet lol.

Weller is an awesome artist. What he talks and sings about also is very honest and live he totally smashes it! The first time i saw him play the Jools Holland special, i was simply hooked. Sunflower, Into Tomorrow, Uh Huh Oh Yeah (or whatever its called) fantastic songs. And that is not even mentioning The Jam!

Its a shame U2 dont name drop The Jam as i feel their early records are the sound of the "new wave" at the time, yet always go back to The Clash most of the time.

• Subscriber

No One, I think it's destiny for U2 to exist on this world, maybe not as a group, but individualy. Anyway, they would have found way to be famous, to help the world, and to make great music for us, fans, to enjoy. 

so why post in this thead then. the whole point of this thread is "if there was no u2"

unless your taking the piss.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

dobbie_dobi']No One, I think it's destiny for U2 to exist on this world, maybe not as a group, but individualy. Anyway, they would have found way to be famous, to help the world, and to make great music for us, fans, to enjoy. 

so why post in this thead then. the whole point of this thread is "if there was no u2"

Why?? Because there cannot be "if"... They have to be U2... but I think you can't understand tired.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='dobbie_dobi wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

dobbie_dobi']No One, I think it's destiny for U2 to exist on this world, maybe not as a group, but individualy. Anyway, they would have found way to be famous, to help the world, and to make great music for us, fans, to enjoy. 

Why?? Because there cannot be "if"... They have to be U2... but I think you can't understand tired.gif

so what who is your 2nd favorite band? come on, the point of this thread is if there was no u2, who would be the band that you would post on their forums, go to their gigs as much as you can, collect their merchandise etc etc.

it really is that simple you know.