Pics of the band arriving in Istanbul

mariacm

So there's no bridge closed in Istanbul just so Bono can walk across it? Someone posted this on my 2011 U2 calendar thread, think it fits better on this thread. Hope they don't mind I copied and pasted to here.

solukmavi wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bono had refused making a concert in Turkey some ten years ago, because, according to him, the government was against human rights. But tomorrow, they'll play in Istanbul! I don't know what has changed since then, or I'd like it very much if he could tell why he talked about Turkey that way. I wonder, if the reason is money or not!

Secondly, there's a huge bridge over the Bosphorus in Istanbul, that connects Europe to Asia. Every minute, thousands of cars and buses pass by the bridge. However just now, the bridge is closed. Because, Bono wanted to cross the bridge by foot! And millions of people are currently waiting for his wish to be realized! Probably a lot of ambulances are also waiting at the entrance of bridge. That's so selfish.

Yesterday U2 visited Turkish Prime Minister and had a talk! They said they appreciated him so much! That's so strange.had refused making a concert in Turkey some ten years ago, because, according to him, the government was against human rights. But tomorrow, they'll play in Istanbul! I don't know what has changed!