Bono Is NOT responsible for solving all the problems of the world

shirley2010

• Subscriber

"It is not your responsiblity to sort out this problem"

A valuable piece of advice I was given in May this year by the head of my music division at Salford University regarding my role as student rep.

The same piece of advice has been echoed on this forum by Mariacm.

I have since taken a break from my studies as everyone else's problems can often weigh you down especially when you are completely powerless to do anything about them.

At the moment Bono is doing his job as the lead singer of U2 his role as Mr Hewson Humanitarian (25 years at least on the job) will have to wait as he has other obligations to fulfill.

At the moment our planet seems to be in the midst of throwing every conceivable ecological disaster at us that it can almost as thought it has eaten something nasty and want to regurgitate it.

Bono et al's role at the moment is to encourage us to shout and dance and sing and play in spite of what the world throws at us because we are still here!

So we are all extremely grateful that we are alive this morning and we will do our best to help those of you who need it but in the mean time please allow him to do what he was put on this Earth to do - we his supporters will carry his other burden.

He ain't heavy he's our brother.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

" The road is long

With many a winding turn

That leads us to who knows where

Who knows where

But I'm strong

Strong enough to carry him

He ain't heavy

He's my brother"

The Hollies - another great Manchester bandthumbsup.gif

• Subscriber

I totally agree with what you're saying. I've always thought that Bono's aim in all of his campaigning is to encourage us, we the people of planet earth, to get more involved. That he isn't our saviour but a messenager, who is asking us that we should take more responsibility and care of our fellow human beings, who are in need.

• Subscriber

I agree with what you're saying, but if Bono (or any U2 member) offered to help me out of any jam I was in, I would jump at the offer.

Well, it would be rude to say no wouldn't it! happy.gif

• Subscriber

Hes not responsible but he shows mercy to the poor starving children in Africa not like some who buy them as slaves and kill them and so on , and it happens but spies know what has been going on!!! They plan things carefully to sus whats going on..........................And its definately not on.....................

Oh, Bono, I've just arrived at home from a very long, busy, hot, heavy day of work ?

Could you please give me a cold Guinness, aparently there are no more in Argentina latly.

And please, bring me my confortable shoes, sing a song to entertain my daughter (get on your boots) and, maybe, With or whitout you for me...

And then seat here with me, we will watch some U2 videos....

The rest is censurated....

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

illumination70']  I agree with what you're saying, but if Bono (or any U2 member) offered to help me out of any jam I was in, I would jump at the offer.

Well, it would be rude to say no wouldn't it! happy.gif

I totally agree even if the only "help" Bono or any other member of U2 offers me is a couple, chewable tablets of  "Extra-Strength, f*kitol" LOL!!

• Subscriber

Given all the elected options these days, those responsible don't ever grab by trust, respect or admiration.  So at least when Tony Blair says Bono might make a good leader you know there would be a wealth of support & it might make for some interesting songs too. Its not like many of the elected officials can cross geographical, racial, religious or cultural boundaries the way Bono can...

So even though we know he's not responsible, I wish he was.