WHAT THE BAND DOES ONSTAGE

Brucalita

• Subscriber

He's dancing, jumping and swinging on the wheel microphone, nobody would say he's undergone surgery so little ago, and of course he's singing really amazingly.

I can't remember if he jumps on one leg of both, but I tell you he's dancing more than in other tours.

He's a champion!

Check this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsyYvHGhr88

The audio is not very good, check those from U2006com for good audios.

To fans, rock star moves are for show. But to the band members and crew, it's a way of communication. Like baseball, U2 will use certain mannerisms to communicate w/their techs and production crew...and also with each other. For example, Bono might want more reverb on his voice, in his in-ear monitors. Or Larry wants more kick in his drumfills. Adam might look to Larry to see if they're going to extend the ending of a song. The Edge, while standing on the bridge, might look at Dallas, to activate an FX pedal for him. They also stand at certain places, at certain times for lighting and video purposes. That's why The Edge's wife is their choreographer. Other bands do this as well.

• Subscriber

I didn't know Mrs. Edge was their choreographer. Does she choreograph Bono's moves? ;)
She's been working with U2 since The Joshua Tree, she's the girl in With Or Wthout You, I don't know in that tour, but she was the choreographer in ZooTV, she only took the belly dancer part when the original dancer resigned, and she has directed some videos too, for example the Miami version video for Staring At The Sun.