Big Country are back live in concert..2011 ...YES

joseph129

As part of the 30th annivesary big country will be playing a series of live concerts next  year, I consider big country to be u2 equal in music

The band are to reform and have announced 4 shows to take place in January 2011. More may be added.

Big Country exploded onto the scene in 1983 with anthemic songs such as 'Fields of Fire' & 'In A Big Country' which were culled from their classic debut album 'The Crossing' which sold several million worldwide. They followed up with a number one album 'Steeltown'. They released 8 studio albums all of which entered the Top Ten and released 28 singles 5 of which were also Top Ten.

Approaching their 30th anniversary the band are lining up concerts to prepare for a period of celebration that will embrace their past. Tragically, co founder Stuart Adamson passed away in 2001. A traumatic time for all connected in Stuart's life but it is a great way of remembering him by performing songs live that the band played for the 18 year period their existence spanned.

Tony Butler says “To play again as Big Country was something that was only going to happen if we could find someone who could compliment the band and sing the songs in the way they need to be sung; with heart and soul. Mike Peters from The Alarm has stepped in to fill the premise for a few shows. It's about time the songs got another airing, and we think Stuart would be pleased tooâ€.

A new era beckons............................

The new line up consists of -

Tony Butler - Bass Guitar and Vocals

Mark Brzezicki - Drums and Vocals

Mike Peters - Vocals and Guitar

Bruce Watson - Guitar and Vocals

Jamie Watson – Guitar.

Dates are -

January

Wednesday 5th Newcastle O2 Academy

Thursday 6th London Islington O2 Academy

Friday 7th Birmingham O2 Academy

Saturday 8th Liverpool O2 Academy

All shows are on sale from Saturday 11th September @ 9am via www.gigsandtours.com or on 0844 811 0051. Tickets are priced £20 regionally (£22.50 London).

The band's official website www.bigcountry.co.uk will be selling tickets from today – Wednesday 8th September.

• Subscriber

Sorry mate but experience has shown that no way can you replace the original lead frontman of a band

Michael Hutchence

Freddie Mercury

Buddy Holly

Jim Morrison

No comparison

Stuart was the voice of the band - all that passion and fire is what made the sound-  It is not how good a singer is that makes us buy the records it is because we like the tone of their voice and the tone of a voice is completely unique and individual, no two are the same although I must admit when I heard new artist Rumer the other day on the radio singing Slow I could have sworn it was Karen Carpenter.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm sure many fans will attend but I think some will be disappointed

• Subscriber
Sorry mate but experience has shown that no way can you replace the original lead frontman of a band

Michael Hutchence

Freddie Mercury

Buddy Holly

Jim Morrison

No comparison

Stuart was the voice of the band - all that passion and fire is what made the sound-  It is not how good a singer is that makes us buy the records it is because we like the tone of their voice and the tone of a voice is completely unique and individual, no two are the same although I must admit when I heard new artist Rumer the other day on the radio singing Slow I could have sworn it was Karen Carpenter.

It worked out pretty well for AC/DC.

• Subscriber

Michael Hutchence

Freddie Mercury

Buddy Holly

Jim Morrison

No comparison

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

shirley2010']Sorry mate but experience has shown that no way can you replace the original lead frontman of a band

Michael Hutchence

Freddie Mercury

Buddy Holly

Jim Morrison

No comparison

Go on then they say the exception proves the rule.

BTW how many times do you reckon your "Aussie needs U2 dates" was flashed in2 cyberspace before the cyberuniverse granted itcute.gif