2nd auckland show selling slower?

Tommy Banny

• Subscriber

no I broke the bank well and truely already buying the first, can't buy tickets with an empty bank account!

But yes provided there's still reasonably priced tickets left next week chances are I'll be fine to buy some

Reckon the GAs will hold out for a while & I'm sure there's plenty of spares lying around. keep us in the loop cos I know people who were buying extras in case friends wanted them.

• Subscriber

I thought most of the shows were actually selling out/breaking attaendance records at various stadiums
I think it depends on what shows you look at & how you judge it - according to the tour page most shows are sold out, but the second shows often aren't.  Kind of makes sense when you look at the size of these stadiums, especially when you factor in the fact that the entire stadium is being used compared with a normal stage that eliminates the area behind it.  If you look at the tickets form most of these shows though, tickets are still selling.

I don't think we'll be the only ones at either of the auckland shows.

Same with the second shows in Brisvegas, Sydney and Melbourne - although I think the second show in Perth is almost sold now.

The tour hasn't been promoted on tele in Australia yet so I think a lot of people aren't even really aware that U2 are coming back - there's also the other little issue that NLOTH dropped out of the charts quickly here - and I think Boots may have debuted in the top ten however was out of the top 40 within three weeks. Boots was dropped from radio almost immediately and no other songs from NLOTH have been played on radio here either.

It's a shame the band hasn't released a mid tour EP or something with a couple of new songs, maybe a better single - that would help those ticket sales along.