The Biggest question about U2...

• Subscriber

I still think they should leave a couple of slots, in the setlist, where the fans are given a choice of songs to pick from....now that's intimacy in a stadium setting!

Does 'intimacy' matter? Live music isn't about intimacy, it's about hearing a band put on a good performance. When I went to see Pendulum at Wembley Arena, I was in the seated area, the stage was at the back of the arena, no catwalk...but it was still an as-yet-unmatched night! No intimacy, they just came out, and played music. That's what U2 should really be focussing on in their performances- a little less intimacy, a little more music-focussed.

• Subscriber
I've been a U2 fan since I was 12, and in the last years I've had this question in my head.
Why the 4 irish boys do not play their most beautiful songs, like MOFO, Lemon, Heartland, Love is Blindness (I don't even mention Acrobat..)
I think that is because they got to satisfy the biggest part of their audience, those who know U2 only for their more "commercial" songs, like Vertigo or Beautiful Day..
What do you people think about that? Do we have any hope to hear, maybe in the next years, those song, or do we have to resign and accept the idea that they're never gonna play them? frown.gif
Saludos from Italy.

Good question ..