Breathe or Return of the Stingray Guitar?

csabaikarcsi

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Last year's intro was Soon, Breathe was the first song, the opener.

Soon was a very, very good intro, very atmospheric and inspiring, Stingray is very good too, it gives the audience the idea of how happy they are to be back, with the plus that it is played live, not recorded like Soon.

Breathe is one of my favourite songs, I think it was far better than Beautiful Day as opener, I can understand why it couldn't be so well placed after Stingray, but No Line On the Horizon could have done perfectly well.

What I can't understand is why they don't play these two songs (NLOTH and Breathe) in every concert, the show would have been much more superior.

• Subscriber

I miss "Soon". That was a killer intro! As to the first song, I think I prefer "The Return of the Stingray Guitar", although "Soon" followed by "Breathe" had a bigger..... momentum.

And just like Mariacm, I don't get why U2 don't play NLOTH any more. I'm happy they played it in Helsinki, though... but full band version would've ROCKED!

• Subscriber

For me, Stingray's good...but Soon and follow up Breathe, with each of the members coming to the stage, it is difficult to beat. Also is the fact that Beautiful Day is a horrible opener, so that may be biasing my answer

• Subscriber

I haven't heard the new intro live yet so it's tough to say. I really liked the intro with Soon but, from what I've heard via You Tube, the Stingray intro sounds good too. Um, I don't know...I think they should play both! How's that for a vague answer. lol :)