• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='illumination70 wrote:

kerttuli']

Going to work when sick - doesn't sound good at all
frown.gif
 hope you'll get rid of the bugs soon!!!

The sad part of the deal is many jobs nowadays don't have sick-days so if one doesn't work, they don't get paid.

yes I know and that's really awful... and I understand that many people have to work to get paid even if they are sick. Very sad.frown.gif 

We get paid even if we are on sickleave but I have many co-workers who still comes to work when they are sick...eyes.gif 'cause they are too conscientious etc!!! And then they have a weird competition "who has never been on sick leave"... (And of course we have also them who stay at home if they had a little headache on previous evening)

• Subscriber

[quote name='kerttuli wrote:

illumination70 wrote:

kerttuli']

Going to work when sick - doesn't sound good at all
frown.gif
 hope you'll get rid of the bugs soon!!!

The sad part of the deal is many jobs nowadays don't have sick-days so if one doesn't work, they don't get paid.

yes I know and that's really awful... and I understand that many people have to work to get paid even if they are sick. Very sad.frown.gif 

We get paid even if we are on sickleave but I have many co-workers who still comes to work when they are sick...eyes.gif 'cause they are too conscientious etc!!! And then they have a weird competition "who has never been on sick leave"... (And of course we have also them who stay at home if they had a little headache on previous evening)

our hospital had to cope with many sick workers last year, but it was national, even international, wasnt it? lots of people really were sick. and i for one am sure none of my colleagues (i mean the ones at my unit) stay home on sick-leave when not really sick! so the hospital threatens to send controle-doctors, who will send you back to work. i say: let them come! they wont find me home sick when i'm not. so no doctor is sending me back to work.

but we also have the 'competition'-people. but they also go: i never stayed home when my kids were ill! i brought them to grandparents before dawn to come to work! when a younger colleague has to stay home with her sick baby. whats that bout?? first of all: not every couple has parents who are able, or close enough to look after sick grandkids! and second: poor kids!! nothing to be proud of, i think.

but how can some jobs not have sickleave? are you serious? in this century? in our western society? people still don get paid when sick? thats wrong!

• Subscriber

Im in a really tired but satisfied mood but as they say in french

craint l'eau qui dort (fear waters that sleep)~fear the still watery deep

Or as we say the calm before the storm

But I should stay positive.............. ohwell.gif

• Subscriber

I like the idea of an insomniacs club! I was up in the early hours again and thought of coming in here cos it was so frustrating trying to get back to sleep but it was so cold I stayed in bed