What mood are you in today??

• Subscriber

I hope that you get to meet your tutor soon Kert - it is so annoying when things like that happen.

Iam in a slightly bemused mood - had to go to the job centre today and I had to attend a group session - spent most of it day dreaming and working on hiw i will win the lottery and go to every U2 show lol!! But near the end I switched back on and was informed of courses which we could go on. I was offered a basic literacy course!!!! I am a fully qualified English teacher with a good degree in the subject - I could teach the basic literacy course!! I think the woman was wondering why I was just staring at her - didn't bother to explain it all!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I hope that you get to meet your tutor soon Kert - it is so annoying when things like that happen.

Iam in a slightly bemused mood - had to go to the job centre today and I had to attend a group session - spent most of it day dreaming and working on hiw i will win the lottery and go to every U2 show lol!! But near the end I switched back on and was informed of courses which we could go on. I was offered a basic literacy course!!!! I am a fully qualified English teacher with a good degree in the subject - I could teach the basic literacy course!! I think the woman was wondering why I was just staring at her - didn't bother to explain it all!

How ironic Zhiv!  (But wouldn't it be awful to be an adult and NEED that class??  I can't even imagine).....  and aren't you glad our obsession gives us plenty of daydreaming material when necessary?? smile.gif
  • Subscriber

Why in the world would they even suggest such a class for you, Zhiv, don't they have paperwork with your qualifications - is this job center supposed to hook you up with jobs you are qualified for? How can they do this if they don't know your qualifications?

Illum - feel better! You'll be the one to get ahead one day and it will be great because you will deserve it!

Barbara - good luck with the weather! Hard to know what to do when the weather is so confusing - don't let the rain mess things up for you though, if a chance of rain maybe move inside to work there if possible

Kert - hope your tutor gets going with you! I also hate getting stood up like that and I know you must be anxious to get going!

• Subscriber

[quote name='illumination70 wrote:

Janette B']Illum - feel better! You'll be the one to get ahead one day and it will be great because you will deserve it!

Thanks because I feel as if I'm constantly spinning my wheels only to get nowhere which is frustrating.I know, it does feel like that sometimes!!!! It will work out eventually!!!!  Sometimes bad people do get ahead though because they are willing to do things maybe they shouldn't - it catches up to them eventually too!!!

• Subscriber

Illum - I know that feeling and it is enough to drive you crazy! But one day those wheels will spin in the direction which you want.

And Nikki and Janette - It is ridiculous that I was offered that course - but have to admit has made me giggle all day over the stupidity! And this is why switch off during the meetings as they have no idea! But hoping that the agency comes up with something soon as they have sent my CV out to lots of places! And then I can leave that bloody stupid job centre with useless staff!