what do you think of this ??

• Subscriber
you'r both right. nagging doesnt work. besides someone can only quit if he/she really-really wants to. if you do it to please someone else, you're about to faile!

for me, working with people who suffer from their adiction, its hard not to be pushy about it. my father smokes, my brother and even worse, my son started smoking last year.... when i see people who damaged their lungs in a way they cant even go out to walk their dog, they cant even play with their grandkids, it makes me sad, and i want none of my loved ones to ever smoke another sigaret. but its not up to me to make that decission.... so i just hope and make 'subtile' remarks  now & then.

*psst....kings, don say i told you but sometimes a smoke gives man a real nice smell, guess it depends on the brand of sigs? i don know, maybe just reminds me of my dads hugs when i was little, he smelled really good....... so i imagine bono uses the same ....mmmmhhhhhhhcute.gif
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

My son always said he would never smoke but he did when all his mates started but he has given up ever since he met his lovely new girlfriend because she doesn't smoke. (so yours may grow out of it)

------------------------------------

exactly what i'm hoping for, shirley. thats what a grilfriend can be good for! lol! hope i'm lukcy enough he falls in love with a non-smoker. he's young: only 16!! too young to smoke, but what can i do? they can either do it secretly or you know bout it. i try to discourage him, cause of course he cant smoke anywhere in the house (thats a rule thats been here longer than him, so...) and i will never give him money or buy the sigs for him... hope the costs will put him off too. (i don think he smokes lots tho, only goes out for 2 times an evening.)