Time to Kill Bono! Soon!

• Subscriber

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

zooropa_rockz wrote:

mick james']We've been dealing with the same Bono As Prince essays for over 5 years now.

You're right, it's no big deal and nobody cares.

But if you don't find that someone boycotting a new film about U2 because of an ironic title, that apparantly will come true is slightly off kilter, then no biggie.

The title is hardly misleading considering there is a very popular book called Killing Bono that is the basis for the film.

And she's been dealing with the rude comments for years.

This is too true, unfortunately. It's Rosa, this is how she expresses herself. Rosa bashing has been too common and it's ugly. But there isn't anything wrong with or any disrespect meant in pointing out that the title isn't what it suggests and explaining what the point behind the title is. That's the sort of conversation that happens all the time here... no matter who the posters are. Did I come across as a cranky old bastard?laugh.gif

Zooropa, no offence meant to you or Rosa.

You're obviously a caring person, but Rosa doesn't need sticking up for. She's a very passionate person and I'm pretty sure she ignores most of the jibes around here. At the end of the day she's loves that Bono bloke, and that's fine with me.

I would think that most comments are pretty tongue in cheek.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

zooropa_rockz wrote:

mick james']We've been dealing with the same Bono As Prince essays for over 5 years now.

You're right, it's no big deal and nobody cares.

But if you don't find that someone boycotting a new film about U2 because of an ironic title, that apparantly will come true is slightly off kilter, then no biggie.

The title is hardly misleading considering there is a very popular book called Killing Bono that is the basis for the film.

And she's been dealing with the rude comments for years.

This is too true, unfortunately. It's Rosa, this is how she expresses herself. Rosa bashing has been too common and it's ugly. But there isn't anything wrong with or any disrespect meant in pointing out that the title isn't what it suggests and explaining what the point behind the title is. That's the sort of conversation that happens all the time here... no matter who the posters are.
Did I come across as a cranky old bastard?laugh.gif

Zooropa, no offence meant to you or Rosa.

You're obviously a caring person, but Rosa doesn't need sticking up for. She's a very passionate person and I'm pretty sure she ignores most of the jibes around here. At the end of the day she's loves that Bono bloke, and that's fine with me.

I would think that most comments are pretty tongue in cheek.

laugh.gif Nah... you're alright, Mick.

[quote name='zooropa_rockz wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

zooropa_rockz wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

RealmawakeRosa']I don't exactly like that name "The Killing of Bono". That sounds evil. Why the killing of my Prince? I don't like this idea. Kill anything you want,  but not my Prince. I don't like that name. Its like John Lennon, he got killed by a crazy person. I really think it is a crazy name to give a movie. I reject this movie. I like this name better "The Ascention of Pauld David". Bono is a famous man, like Lennon, so the Killing of Bono is not a good name. I really don't like it. Not even playing around, I don't like that name. I don't want the word Kill anywhere near my Prince. Therefore, I am boycotting this movie for my love of Bono, Prince of Realm. I should have a "sence of humor", but there ain't none here. No one is exempt, anyone who even speaks a word that is in the likeness of harm to Bono, is not a friend of Realm or my Prince for that matter. How distatesteful. I would be afraid to watch the movie, because they might put something crazy, like my Prince getting killed, which would then send me to the hospital yet again. I shall not go to this job anymore, because my neck is weak, the bone is too injured, its all injured, and then, if I earn anything, then I have to pay the 5K hospital bill. So, I shall not try to do it anymore. I need a Gardener's job at my Prince's castle. That I can do, cut and collect the flowers to enjoy them all over the castle, and plant new ones again. I haven't seen the movie, but I am rejecting it on account that the name "killing Realm's Prince" is totally evil and non acceptable to Realm.

My zootopian friends, I am boycotting this film which speaks of killing Bono,   my Prince. No way Jose, pick on another name, this one is not acceptable to me.

Reamlawake, daisy of the Prince

dont be such a pre-madonna. its a flipping film made from a book called killing bono. its about a rival band (who are friends with U2) who witness U2's and your precious "prince" rise to stardom, while the rival band struggle. its also a comedy too. so you laugh at it.

very much like how i laugh are your crazy posts.

Leave her alone. it's just how she feels. that's her feelings, deal with it!
:)
i do deal with it. just you have to admit, to boycott a film because of a title, is beyond pathetic, sad and somewhat lame.

What happened to RESPECTING OPPINIONS??!?!?!?!eyes.gif

oh i respect! just think the reason to boycott the film because of a title is lame. im sure you wont lose any sleep over it.

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

zooropa_rockz wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

zooropa_rockz wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

RealmawakeRosa']I don't exactly like that name "The Killing of Bono". That sounds evil. Why the killing of my Prince? I don't like this idea. Kill anything you want,  but not my Prince. I don't like that name. Its like John Lennon, he got killed by a crazy person. I really think it is a crazy name to give a movie. I reject this movie. I like this name better "The Ascention of Pauld David". Bono is a famous man, like Lennon, so the Killing of Bono is not a good name. I really don't like it. Not even playing around, I don't like that name. I don't want the word Kill anywhere near my Prince. Therefore, I am boycotting this movie for my love of Bono, Prince of Realm. I should have a "sence of humor", but there ain't none here. No one is exempt, anyone who even speaks a word that is in the likeness of harm to Bono, is not a friend of Realm or my Prince for that matter. How distatesteful. I would be afraid to watch the movie, because they might put something crazy, like my Prince getting killed, which would then send me to the hospital yet again. I shall not go to this job anymore, because my neck is weak, the bone is too injured, its all injured, and then, if I earn anything, then I have to pay the 5K hospital bill. So, I shall not try to do it anymore. I need a Gardener's job at my Prince's castle. That I can do, cut and collect the flowers to enjoy them all over the castle, and plant new ones again. I haven't seen the movie, but I am rejecting it on account that the name "killing Realm's Prince" is totally evil and non acceptable to Realm.

My zootopian friends, I am boycotting this film which speaks of killing Bono,   my Prince. No way Jose, pick on another name, this one is not acceptable to me.

dont be such a pre-madonna. its a flipping film made from a book called killing bono. its about a rival band (who are friends with U2) who witness U2's and your precious "prince" rise to stardom, while the rival band struggle. its also a comedy too. so you laugh at it.

i do deal with it. just you have to admit, to boycott a film because of a title, is beyond pathetic, sad and somewhat lame.

What happened to RESPECTING OPPINIONS??!?!?!?!
eyes.gif

oh i respect! just think the reason to boycott the film because of a title is lame. im sure you wont lose any sleep over it.

And you would say so no matter who the poster was that said that. This isn't an attack on Rosa and needs to stop being treated that way.

• Subscriber

anyway, enough of crappy posts clogging up my thread.

I CANT WAIT TO WATCH "killing bono"

I can't wait to see Killing Bono either, Mac. I'm hoping that, like allmovies made from books, it doesn't suck. But being that this is a truestory and not fiction, it should be okay. It isn't like they couldchange the ending or anything. tongue.gif

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

zooropa_rockz wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

zooropa_rockz wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

What happened to RESPECTING OPPINIONS??!?!?!?!
eyes.gif

And you would say so no matter who the poster was that said that. This isn't an attack on Rosa and needs to stop being treated that way.

whoever would have said the same thing as "oh im not watching this film because of the title" i would have said exactly the same thing. i havent got anything against anybody what-so-ever. i would say the same thing to the other person.

and yeah i think its pathetic and lame to boycott a film because of a title. no matter who thinks or says it.

and thats no picking on anybody.

• Subscriber

anyway, enough of crappy posts clogging up my thread.

neither can I. The sad thing, though, is that I'll have to either download it illegally or wait until there's a DVD available. I'm 99% sure that Killing Bono won't be shown here...

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

MacFoley']anyway, enough of crappy posts clogging up my thread.

neither can I. The sad thing, though, is that I'll have to either download it illegally or wait until there's a DVD available. I'm 99% sure that Killing Bono won't be shown here...

why not? im sure you local cinema will show it???