Make Bono History!

chriswba

• Subscriber

MAKE BONO HISTORY

That was the headlines in the new york post this week. Bono and the One Campagain is getting alot of bad press as repoorts came out that in 2008-2009 only 1% of the charitys earning actually went to charity. I love U2 and i look up to Bono but this is really bad. Its all over the news sites and for once i can understand the flak Bono will be recieving. It facts like this that really get the U2 haters going.U2 are the biggest band in the world but there also the most hated

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyyoung/100055102/make-bono-history/

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/bonos-foundation-gives-only-one-percent-to-charity_1167840

Bad press really bad

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

No offence - but how many times is this going t obecome a thread lol!!

Look at the other threads about this here in this forum and also in the general forum too. They include One's response to the article and it can be seen in a totally different light.

So all the effort is just for keeping the money ? Baddddddd boy, how could you ?

Come on guys,...it's U2, is ok to have doubts but, it's Bono, we already know him well.......

I really admire his work, specially the message, it seems to be efective, not just words. But these things happens when some interests are in focus and they hear things they don't like.

By the way, did you read Bono's latest article in the New York Times ? Love you Bono, you are the smartest, I will support you in all of this stuff.

No offence - but how many times is this going t obecome a thread lol!!

Look at the other threads about this here in this forum and also in the general forum too. They include One's response to the article and it can be seen in a totally different light.

ya- i agree. and haters, leave B-man alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charity is a good thing. I use to practise it when I can. Charity is a relief. As bigger the charity bigger the relief. But it's only that, a relief. It's not a solution.

At the end, charity is keeping the status quo, charity is keeping the poor, poor....