• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley']TWO WORDS!

danny carey.......................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

For shiz!

He's right up there with Dave Lombardo in terms of creative and frighteningly heavy drumming.

Brain Mantia of Primus and Dale Crover of Melvins, Fantomas and pre-Dave Grohl Nirvana should also get an honourable mention.

As should drum prodigy Thomas Pridgen ( Mars Volta) who at 9 years old was the youngest person to endorsed by Zildjian in the companies 400 year history.

great drummers there you mentioned!

josh freese is wicked too! and to think of the artists he has played for, miley cyrus! eeeek! but his perfect circle work is brilliant!

lets face it, larry himself will be glad to see his name void in that list. he admits he is a very basic drummer. but i think he has laid down some good drum tracks. a sort of homecoming, sunday bloody sunday, acrobat, breathe.

Jerusalem

John Bonham for number 1 so lucky to have seen led zep and bonzo doing moby dick

Ginger Baker for number 2

Yup same here, very happy I saw Zep in 1977 in Chicago and great seats.  They did 4 shows and Page got sick for the third show and it was cut short.  I think we saw one of the 2 shows before he got sick.  It's hard to remember 33 years later and depending on what I had that night tongue.gif 

• Subscriber

Meh - get real - sure, we love Larry, but by his own admission, he is not the most proficient drummer - there are people everywhere that crap all over Lazz in terms of technical proficiency.

Exactly why I'm more bothered about a different drummer not being at number 1.

• Subscriber

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

Fortitude']Meh - get real - sure, we love Larry, but by his own admission, he is not the most proficient drummer - there are people everywhere that crap all over Lazz in terms of technical proficiency.

Exactly why I'm more bothered about a different drummer not being at number 1.

but dave g, isnt THAT amazing.

• Subscriber

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

Fortitude']Meh - get real - sure, we love Larry, but by his own admission, he is not the most proficient drummer - there are people everywhere that crap all over Lazz in terms of technical proficiency.

Exactly why I'm more bothered about a different drummer not being at number 1.Because Larry isn't on the list? I'm sorry I'm not understanding what you're saying. Neil Peart is an amazing drummer who certainly deserves the #1 spot. I love Larry but he can't hold a candle to Neil Peart. My personal preference for #1 is John Bohnam. While I know Neil Peart is a gifted drummer, it is John Bonham's sound and style that appeals to me more.