Is the Band's Gear survivng the tour?

celticfc09

• Subscriber

so the 360 tour could go down as the wetest tour in U2's history? it seems like every show is noticable in the rain, and im wondering if the guys' gear is surviving the torrential rains. Like, it would be quite sad if Edge lost his Gibson 76 Explorer. Personally i have never tested my guitar gear out in the rain, so im without an answer

• Subscriber

Well I'm pretty sure Edge no longer plays the Gibson Explorer of Boy, etc. I read somewhere that Dallas finally convinced him to keep it safe in the studio and he found Edge 3 other 76 Explorers (must be nice...).

That being said, I have no idea how well the gear's holding up.

• Subscriber

it looks like his gear is pretty well protected by the rain proof covers over his amps. as for the guitars, he only like uses the same guitar for like 2 songs, and then swaps to another guitar. there is also waterproof spray you can get for wood, so im sure dallas would have made them waterproof!

• Subscriber

so the 360 tour could go down as the wetest tour in U2's history? it seems like every show is noticable in the rain, and im wondering if the guys' gear is surviving the torrential rains. Like, it would be quite sad if Edge lost his Gibson 76 Explorer. Personally i have never tested my guitar gear out in the rain, so im without an answer

I thought the '76 Explorer was only used in the studio these days.

• Subscriber

The orange fabric on the central mast could do with a quick run through a washing machine as it's looking a bit grubby.

And a few of the video screen panels aren't sitting as flat as they perhaps should.

Surprising about the fabric given all the rain, maybe they should use more friendly colours.