Is the Band's Gear survivng the tour?

celticfc09

So the stage plumbing system has been very useful. There's a canvas, with pipes attached to it, that runs underneath the stage. The P.A. itself shouldn't have any problems. Our P.A. (Nexo Geo T's) have been in torrential rain several times, and basically just cleaned the boxes. I'm pretty sure Claire Bros. designed the P.A. with rain in mind. As for the backline, it's all redundant. That also includes the audio, lighting and video consoles.

• Subscriber

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

celticfc09']so the 360 tour could go down as the wetest tour in U2's history? it seems like every show is noticable in the rain, and im wondering if the guys' gear is surviving the torrential rains. Like, it would be quite sad if Edge lost his Gibson 76 Explorer. Personally i have never tested my guitar gear out in the rain, so im without an answer

I thought the '76 Explorer was only used in the studio these days.

Where did you hear that? I've never heard that. Far as I knew the 76 Explorer was still a part of Edge's touring gear. The Explorer is an integral part of Edge's sound and image really. It's the one he is known for playing. I'm sure he'd rather not tour at all than not have the Explorer with him.

u2-360-edge.jpg

That's an Explorer, though can't tell if it's the original 76 Explorer or not.

• Subscriber

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

peterferris8 wrote:

celticfc09']so the 360 tour could go down as the wetest tour in U2's history? it seems like every show is noticable in the rain, and im wondering if the guys' gear is surviving the torrential rains. Like, it would be quite sad if Edge lost his Gibson 76 Explorer. Personally i have never tested my guitar gear out in the rain, so im without an answer

Where did you hear that? I've never heard that. Far as I knew the 76 Explorer was still a part of Edge's touring gear. The Explorer is an integral part of Edge's sound and image really. It's the one he is known for playing. I'm sure he'd rather not tour at all than not have the Explorer with him.

u2-360-edge.jpg

i dont think the story of studio only guitar is valid. i could be wrong!

i do know THAT explorer he is using there, the broke the neck on it, so it had to be repaired and there is one part on the neck that is not the original part of the guitar.

so the 360 tour could go down as the wetest tour in U2's history? it seems like every show is noticable in the rain, and im wondering if the guys' gear is surviving the torrential rains. Like, it would be quite sad if Edge lost his Gibson 76 Explorer. Personally i have never tested my guitar gear out in the rain, so im without an answer

The guitars are not problem, they are exchanging them all the time. But problem is with LED technology, in Zurich one little screen broke, I don't know is it because of the rain, but I suppose it is. But however, that is not our problem. If everything start go goes wrong they will fix it for sure ;) All WE HAVE TO DO is enjoy in music.

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

peterferris8 wrote:

u2-360-edge.jpg

i dont think the story of studio only guitar is valid. i could be wrong!

i do know THAT explorer he is using there, the broke the neck on it, so it had to be repaired and there is one part on the neck that is not the original part of the guitar.

Now that you mention it, I do recall reading something along those lines about the neck.