Your 2 -Year Plan...

security_in_anonymity

Hello!

I have been thinking about a new  plan for myself.  I have decided to go back to my filmmaking roots and restart this pursuit.  This is the one thing I have always felt the deepest passion for and it is the vehicle through which I believe I can make the greatest contribution in all areas that I hold dear.  I left the field in 2002, tired of being poor, and because there was another area, at that time, which benefited  from my professional input.  

But that was then and this is now, and now I am truly poor again, so I figure if I am going to be poor, I might as well be doing what I love and inspiring people toward greater visions!  I have applied for a grant, and if I receive it, I will begin a new virtual world/animated film production before the end of this year.  If I do not receive it, I will continue  looking for a new job so that I can do something....anything....on the film front.  But, I have already lost much time and energy to this strategy and without result, so hope I will not have to continue with it.... 

In two years, I intend to have at least one commercially successful film that presents near-future visions and potentials along with spin-off art and graphic "products" and a mixed-reality live production that digs deeply into  core issues presented by the approaching technological transformations that will radically alter how humanity conducts and experiences its existence.  

That probably sounds like ____.  I understand.  But wait until you see the film!

I am speaking my intentions out loud to the universe (and this board of dreamers!) suspecting, as I do,  that this has some sort of weird alchemical power!

What is your plan?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

figuring out a way to market a unique type of personal notes I am creating that will allow people to express difficult feelings in a way that takes the edge off....using my words and photographs.....
Peter, have you considered offering your designs to existing notecard companies, who may market your work under their brand with you receiving a percentage of the profits?  

Or are you looking to do something on your own?  A website is a good place to start--a youtube video, perhaps.  But what you may really need is some "hook" that sets your work apart from everything else.  Like, perhaps, offering a personalized service....someone tells you their intentions and the object of their expressions, and you design something unique to fit their occasion.  Sort of like a modern version of the Medieval bard and scribe. This is just a thought.

Well, it seems, with the exception of Peter (whom I wish well with his plan), that few are interested in sharing their plans, which is ok.

But, I will add to mine that I am excited at the prospect of being able to put together my own team to work with.  It is astonishing how difficult it is to locate  a professional, above-all ethical, and hard-working team of individuals who are committed to the mission as opposed to just their own gains.  This is something that military circles really have going for them-- the mission is the most important goal, and everyone works honorably toward that goal. I guess they have to, since lives are literally on the line.  And the freaks, creeps, frauds and bullies get weeded out immediately!  Not so in nearly every other circle I have encountered.  Maybe nurses also have this type of high-level ethics...I don't know, but that would make sense.  I could never be a nurse, however.  No stomach for organic yuk. sick.gif

There is nothing more dispiriting than investing one's time into projects where the others involved are not working as hard and in good-faith.  And, it is amazing how incredibly difficult it is to find such circumstances!  I think it is probably a much better strategy to try and create these conditions for myself.  Yes.  I have definitely decided this.  So, building this framework is also an integral component of my two-year plan....

And, I am going to include robots in the live mixed-reality work!  This I have also decided :-)
This morning, I spent 45 minutes chatting with an artificial intelligence robot who looked like Yoda! :-D

• Subscriber

I expect it'll take me more than 2 years but I am hoping to retrain to become a graphic designer, I have made a start at least. I've always loved visual imagery and creativity but spent most of my years doing a job I really had no passion for then eventually thought what is the point of spending each day doing something you really don't enjoy so while creative work may not be well paid at my level it is at least something I can take pride in which is worth a lot more to me happy.gif

• Subscriber

I want to have a job - a good job doing exactly what I want - teaching with emotionally challenged kids, a hell of a hard job but what I want to do.

I want to have got our house decorated (the money from new job would pay for it)

Not very exciting, but when I know that I have the stability from a good job I can then feel safer that bills can be met. It will allow us to travel more and see more places.