We Dont Want Black Eyed Peas - post here

Guest ONE01

• Subscriber

Can't stand them, but I've seen worse. Opening acts are always a waste of space in my opinion, just something you have to sit through. Shame really.That's why I love Bruce, no opening act. Unless we're talking Green Day when it comes to U2 I say get seats and show up when you show up. In otherwords no rush. Of course Pat Monahan might not be so bad either, still I believe the only ones who can do U2 justice would be Green Day.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Osiris33 wrote:

It could be worse. At least you won't have to sit through Damien Marley or Kanye West.

Love Kanye, don't think he fits with U2 but would completely enjoy listening to him. Another one that would be great, along the same lines, Eminem.

It's not like I'm saying it even has to be anyone good - like you said it's just to pass the time, although last tour was great getting to seeInterpol, Snow Patrol, Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Keane and loads of others.

My own choice would be the Editors.

I'm just hoping the BEPs don't come to Europe because we'll get morons at the concerts just there to see them. Despite being trash they'requite popular in UK, such is the state of radio here.

One bearable song that I didn't mind til they played it 10 times a day for months - "Where is the love?"

UnderMySkinner wrote:

trickywicket wrote:

Please please please get TV on the Radio!

They're a great band, sometimes I think I'm the only one who likes them. Another one, Jason Mraz. Thing is, he doesn't fit.

I'm gonna check this band out, thanks! Thanks goodness for America.

• Subscriber

ONE01 wrote:

UnderMySkinner wrote:

trickywicket wrote:

They're a great band, sometimes I think I'm the only one who likes them. Another one, Jason Mraz. Thing is, he doesn't fit.

Jason's not a band sweetie he's a person, http://www.jasonmraz.com/

ONE01 wrote:

LifeFactory wrote:

I helped hand out what I think was BEP's very first --nearly homemade-- CD in Philadelphia years ago. I would be very interested to see where they are at now, since I never really followed their music after that.

The rest of us (in the UK anyway) have followed their "music" through it being on mainstream radio all the time.

Best way to describe it - irritating brainless and soulless trash. BEPs have no place whatsoever with U2 fans who supposedly take music seriously and are intelligent people.

Agreed, a little Hip Hop might be fun - this IS NOT PROPER HIP HOP. It's just trash. I wouldnt have a problem if it was Run DMC o
r Public Enemy or
even NWA.

public enemy.now youre talking,1st gig i ever went to.

although i think a bit of qotsa or biffy clyro would go down a storm at a u2 gig.

UnderMySkinner wrote:

ONE01 wrote:

UnderMySkinner wrote:

trickywicket wrote:

Jason's not a band sweetie he's a person,
I was on about Tv on the Radio, sweetie. Seriously...

meweavy wrote:

ONE01 wrote:

LifeFactory wrote:

I helped hand out what I think was BEP's very first --nearly homemade-- CD in Philadelphia years ago. I would be very interested to see where they are at now, since I never really followed their music after that.

The rest of us (in the UK anyway) have followed their "music" through it being on mainstream radio all the time.

Best way to describe it - irritating brainless and soulless trash. BEPs have no place whatsoever with U2 fans who supposedly take music seriously and are intelligent people.

Agreed, a little Hip Hop might be fun - this IS NOT PROPER HIP HOP. It's just trash. I wouldnt have a problem if it was Run DMC o
r Public Enemy or
even NWA.

public enemy.now youre talking,1st gig i ever went to.

although i think a bit of qotsa or biffy clyro would go down a storm at a u2 gig.

Have to admit I secretly think Biffy clyro are good despite the silly name!