We Dont Want Black Eyed Peas - post here

Guest ONE01

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I like U2, it is arrogant of the band and their management to put on an act that produces music that is so far away from what U2 does musically. This is not an attack on The Black Eyed Peas or their fans, but U2 and their management should realize that only rock and certain pop acts would go well withU2. Green Day, Coldplay, and the Killers, and even singers such as Kelly Clarkson, try to choose acts that are relatively new and talented but who lack namerecognition by the public. U2 should get back to that tradition, and the band and its management should stop trying to be all things to all people.

davrod wrote:

As much as I like U2, it is arrogant of the band and their management to put on an act that produces music that is so far away from what U2 does musically. This is not an attack on The Black Eyed Peas or their fans, but U2 and their management should realize that only rock and certain pop acts would go well with U2. Green Day, Coldplay, and the Killers, and even singers such as Kelly Clarkson, try to choose acts that are relatively new and talented but who lack name recognition by the public. U2 should get back to that tradition, and the band and its management should stop trying to be all things to all people.

I think it's smart business sense for the band to have the BEPs or similar groups as their support on tour. Similar to Kanye West supporting them on theVertigo Tour - there will be people who turn up just to see the support band and those people will hang around and be subsequently blown away by U2. It'sa clever way of drawing in new fans who wouldn't normally pay attention to U2. I do however lament the loss of U2 supporting up and coming acts as theirsupport acts instead of resorting to using other international acts to booster ticket sales.

There's details on here somewhere of whose supporting when and where -

For London it's Elbow

Glasgow is Glasvegas

Snow Patrol are doing Paris and some other european dates.

• Subscriber

Considering Wil.i.am is credited on NLOTH I really dont think your petition is going to fly.

And to be honest, they are a fun group to see perform

Bajagirl wrote:

Considering Wil.i.am is credited on NLOTH I really dont think your petition is going to fly.

And to be honest, they are a fun group to see perform

I am not questioning the talent of the The Black Eyed Peas or whether or not they are fun to see live, however a person might define fun; I justbelieve that they are not a good fit for U2. Other rock bands and singers go out of their way to find new acts that lack public name recognition, but stillare talented. U2, their management, and probably Live Nation (well known for putting together combinations of acts just to boost ticket sales) should havegiven more thought to the opening acts.