So does anybody know when this new album is coming out or did I miss the train again ??

123love

I'm not sure if a new album will be out anytime soon, but I wouldn't mind betting a new EP is released sometime around mid November just before they bring to tour to Australia and New Zealand. I wouldn't be surprised if the band are back in the studio this week and next week recording the new songs they've been playing over the past couple of months - they may even put some stuff like Soon on there.

For example

1. Return of the Stingray Guitar

2. Boy Falls from the Sky

3. Every Breaking Wave

4. Winter

5. Soon

6. Mercy

7. Glastonbury

8. North Star

Hmm, looking at that list, they'd only need 2 or 3 more to make an album (which I'm sure they could scrounge up from somewhere). Not sure whether the material would be coherent or digestable as a complete package, but it's certainly a possibility.

I also think that Boy Falls from the Sky, Every Breaking Wave and Mercy could be more successful singles than anything from NLOTH (although I'm still not quite convinced with the new version of Mercy).

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if a new album will be out anytime soon, but I wouldn't mind betting a new EP is released sometime around mid November just before they bring to tour to Australia and New Zealand. I wouldn't be surprised if the band are back in the studio this week and next week recording the new songs they've been playing over the past couple of months - they may even put some stuff like Soon on there.

For example

1. Return of the Stingray Guitar

2. Boy Falls from the Sky

3. Every Breaking Wave

4. Winter

5. Soon

6. Mercy

7. Glastonbury

8. North Star

Hmm, looking at that list, they'd only need 2 or 3 more to make an album (which I'm sure they could scrounge up from somewhere). Not sure whether the material would be coherent or digestable as a complete package, but it's certainly a possibility.

I also think that Boy Falls from the Sky, Every Breaking Wave and Mercy could be more successful singles than anything from NLOTH (although I'm still not quite convinced with the new version of Mercy).

And you have forgot Kingdom ;)

• Subscriber

And you have forgot Kingdom ;)

Soon is the new title for Kingdom, so it is in the list.

I don't expect a new album or EP for november, just because it would be so atypical of U2, and you know, there are always rumours about new albums, so I have learnt not to expect anything until an official announment is done, but I've read in different places, especially in Willie's diary that they have been recording in between shows and my reasoning says that if they want to extend the tour and with four debuted songs in Europe last summer it would be a sensible movement to publish something, if not in november, at least before the start the second North American leg, but that's my reasoning, let's see what they think.

I think people are forgetting that U2 took 4-6 weeks off in the middle of the ZooTV tour in 1993 to go into the studio and record an EP - they ended up releasing Zooropa before they recommenced the tour. No reason why they can't do the same again this time around - especially since many of the songs seem to be 'ready.'

I think people are forgetting that U2 took 4-6 weeks off in the middle of the ZooTV tour in 1993 to go into the studio and record an EP - they ended up releasing Zooropa before they recommenced the tour. No reason why they can't do the same again this time around - especially since many of the songs seem to be 'ready.'
You're right ;) They have so many materials already :)

[quote name='mariacm wrote:

antonija_croatia']

And you have forgot
Kingdom
;)

I don't expect a new album or EP for november, just because it would be so atypical of U2, and you know, there are always rumours about new albums, so I have learnt not to expect anything until an official announment is done, but I've read in different places, especially in Willie's diary that they have been recording in between shows and my reasoning says that if they want to extend the tour and with four debuted songs in Europe last summer it would be a sensible movement to publish something, if not in november, at least before the start the second North American leg, but that's my reasoning, let's see what they think.

I know what you meant, but I think that the SOON (Written on the Vinyl of 360 Box) mean that soon album will be realised. I'm not sure that "Soon" is the new name on the song. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Peace

• Subscriber

[quote name='antonija_croatia wrote:

mariacm wrote:

antonija_croatia']

And you have forgot
Kingdom
;)

I know what you meant, but I think that the SOON (Written on the Vinyl of 360 Box) mean that soon album will be realised. I'm not sure that "Soon" is the new name on the song. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Peace

Hope you're right!!!!

[quote name='mariacm wrote:

antonija_croatia wrote:

mariacm wrote:

antonija_croatia']

And you have forgot
Kingdom
;)

Peace

Hope you're right!!!!Hehe, yeah, me too ;)

We will stay tuned ;)

Peace!