my u2 voice?

barbara1

• Subscriber

my daughter told me tonite i have a U2-voice.....

she claims when i talk bout u2, my voice sounds different, i use this special tone. didnt notice it myself.
have any of you had a comment like this? does your voice sound different too? or do you have this special look in your eyes/special face, when you're talking bout u2?

(and i don only mean the obsessed look like zhivvy always shows when she looks at a u2-dvd, or b-mans mango...)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

she claims when i talk bout u2, my voice sounds different, i use this special tone. didnt notice it myself.
have any of you had a comment like this? does your voice sound different too? or do you have this special look in your eyes/special face, when you're talking bout u2?

(and i don only mean the obsessed look like zhivvy always shows when she looks at a u2-dvd, or b-mans mango...)
This makes sense, when people talk about something they are passionate it shows in both body language & tone of voice.  What is tough is that some people think you/we are mental for being so passionate about something so trivial as a band.  Hopefully you have other things that make you feel this way.

My wife doesn't call it a u2-voice, more some disturbing obsession, but I have a couple of other things in my life that I'm as passionate about.

• Subscriber

Me with obssessed looks watching DVDs? Never!!! Next you'll say that I was all starry-eyed and dreamy when you saw me after the Paris show!wink.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1']my daughter told me tonite i have a U2-voice.....

Me with obssessed looks watching DVDs? Never!!! Next you'll say that I was all starry-eyed and dreamy when you saw me after the Paris show!mad.gif)

• Subscriber

yes,i do have other passions, reid... i think people find me a little obsessed too when i start about injustice, discrimination of females, minorities, racial discrimination... vandalism/disrespect towards animals and nature in general....

Good stuff, I'm obsessed with these as well, I think there is definitely not enough of this going on!  roll.gif

*Putting redneck attitude away now*

• Subscriber

[quote name='Reid NZ wrote:

barbara1']yes,i do have other passions, reid... i think people find me a little obsessed too when i start about injustice, discrimination of females, minorities, racial discrimination... vandalism/disrespect towards animals and nature in general....

Good stuff, I'm obsessed with these as well, I think there is definitely not enough of this going on!  roll.gif

*Putting redneck attitude away now*

good thing you did put it away in time, before i got back! you don wanna get me started, believe me!wink02.gifnono.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1']my daughter told me tonite i have a U2-voice.....

Me with obssessed looks watching DVDs? Never!!! Next you'll say that I was all starry-eyed and dreamy when you saw me after the Paris show!mad.gif)

Agrees..

• Subscriber

I think we all have other passions - even me lol!

I adore reading - always have done, always will do - novels, biographies etc... moderns, classics any type of book and in my job (when I have one) I like to get that passion through to the kids and get them to love reading too.

I love travel - if we didn't travel so much we would have the perfectly decorated house - but seeing new countries and cultures is more important to me.

I have a great passion for teaching and helping a child to reach their full potential - in my previous jobs I have been lucky enough to reach out and touch children's lives and made them feel safe, protected and loved - and this is something which I passionately believe in.