Your Visions of the Future

security_in_anonymity

(sorry, I posted this initially in the U2 section by accident.  Moved it to here)

Hi.  Do you spend much time thinking about the future--the near or far future?  I think about it all the time. I think I may actually live in the future, and somehow my body is stuck back here! laugh.gif

What do you think is coming?  What are your projections?  I will start with a few I foresee within the next 5-15 years.

1.   An Independent political candidate will emerge in the US political arena--propelled by a campaign and media strategy that upends the normal approaches, and who will be able to secure the majority of support from both the Democratic and Republican power and economic bases.  This candidate will be technology-oriented, business friendly, internationally-oriented in vision, domestically-oriented in defense, socially liberal, conservative in defense and economics but with a strong impulse toward innovation.  The candidate might be a female and will be unconventional in most of  the standard markers that define a political candidate.  He/she will be both charismatic and technocratic.  Religion will either play no role at all in this campaign, or will play such a decisive role, that religion as an institution will be forever altered in the U.S.

2. Advanced virtual reality interfaces will be common mediums for human-to-human and  human-to-environment interactions.

3.  We will experience the first large terrorist bio-weapon attack somewhere in the world.

4.  The idea that  not eating animals might be the moral and most healthful thing to do will become mainstream

5.  We will hear the first news stories of successful human cloning

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the future, monkeys will take over the world. You see, their brains are evolving faster than humans and it turns out that through genetic mutation in the human world, they are growing wings... so with greater brain power and having the ability to fly, they'll become the superhumans we always wanted to be.... super flying hominides... the first of these SFH's will take over Africa, then Asia, Europe, Australia, and finally South America. They will leave North America to the LLNFH for reasons we can't fathom. They couldn't be arsed touching Antarctica or the Artic Circle either. Religion will play no part in their world domination as they never could understand why, in the past, the highest forms of life on the planet had a religious inclination whereas all the other lifeforms didn't give a rat's arse about believing anything... they were just content with eating, sleeping, shitting and dying.

• Human brains will begin to "evolve" at an exponential pace once neuroscientists finish figuring out how to re-create human thought in a computational environment and merge artificial intelligence with human intelligence.

• U2 will incorporate virtual reality elements into their next show and will perform that show in India and China  happy.gif (Actually, they really should go to at least India on this tour!)

• The first tourists will fly into space thereby opening the way for humanity to evolve beyond the Earth's surface

Outside my door there sits a dog. He never moves from there. Each time I open the door, he looks up at me, enquiringly. It's like he wants to know more about me. I just edge passed him nervously and make my way. I've been working on this for quite some time now but I dunno if it will ever be made. It seems to me that I get a little done every day but there seems to be that there is a lot more to go. That's why I feel that making one's way is a futile endeavor. You can look in the direction of the future but you can never really see it. If you look back to the past, you can see it somewhat clearer, but it gets hazier with every passing day. As the earth rotates ever onwards, ever in a circle, we continually strive to know the direction we are going, the reason we are going there and whether or not it is to our advantage. In the end, there is no end. Similarly, and contrastingly, in the beginning there was no beginning. The future comes and the future goes. The wind comes and the wind blows. The sun doesn't rise, it's the earth that goes down. Of all that you hope not all with come to pass. Only this you can be certain: you will have to eat, you will have to shit and you will have to die. All else is vanity and a yearning for control. I return, bend down to the dog, scratch under his neck and then enter through the open door. I close it without looking down. I turn on the light, think of the present, and open it with glee.

Maybe, but until they do stop us dying, death is a fact.

Do you want to live long enough so that you can witness global destruction?

I want to live long enough to decisively contribute to preventing that from happening.  It can go either way, from this point forward....

I believe in the future.  It is the present I am very uncertain  about.  The future is a MUCH more attractive place.

In the future, monkeys will take over the world. You see, their brains are evolving faster than humans and it turns out that through genetic mutation in the human world, they are growing wings... so with greater brain power and having the ability to fly, they'll become the superhumans we always wanted to be.... super flying hominides... the first of these SFH's will take over Africa, then Asia, Europe, Australia, and finally South America. They will leave North America to the LLNFH for reasons we can't fathom. They couldn't be arsed touching Antarctica or the Artic Circle either. Religion will play no part in their world domination as they never could understand why, in the past, the highest forms of life on the planet had a religious inclination whereas all the other lifeforms didn't give a rat's arse about believing anything... they were just content with eating, sleeping, shitting and dying.

I never liked those damn flying monkees in the Wizard of Oz, they're creepy as hell.

monkey3.jpg