One Night in Darkness

mummy

I stood outside.  There was a cold chill in the wind.  It wrapped itself around my naked body as I pensively smoked on a cigarette.  I looked up into the black sky, sparsely lit by the flickering light of long lost stars.  The clouds cloaked themselves in darkness and showed themselves only for brief moments of time as the wind pushed them westwards to a place I could never go.  I wondered for a moment if I was being watched.   I squinted to see clearer but all I could make out was the satelite that accompanied me at the same time every evening.  My neighbour across the field flicked on her light.  She undressed and hopped into her bed.  I always wondered why she never felt the need to close her curtains but I have become so accustomed to her nakedness, she has become the lover I have never loved.  I pull on my cigarette and inhale the toxic fumes so they fill my lungs.  I breathe out deeply, look at the bright flame, then look down the garden towards the shed hiding in the shadows.  If there were someone hiding down there watching me, I could never tell.  I hear the passing of cars along the motorway off in the distance.  A bat zips passed pursuing the last of the summer insects. I am startled for a second unsure what exactly brushed lightly against my hair.  I put out the cigarette, discard it in the bin, and it's only then I feel the coldness of the night on my body and I wonder why I stood outside completely naked.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

That was beautiful, Mummy. I love how just those few lines of text completely drew me in. You are a brilliant writer. I look forward to reading more. smile.gif

I do enjoy such clear precise description of your present disposition. I really like it. Thank you for sharing it with me too. By the way, the other day, I was with a video camera watching the Largest Star on the west side of heaven. It had a black shadow in front of it. Something spooky because it was a very clear night. And lately, you can see the biggest stars I have ever seen, showing up in the East side of the heavens.  I am meditating on the large bright stars and their appearances lately. The big ones are all over. 

Realmawake

Ladies, thanks very much for the positive responses. It's much appreciated :-)

Jbarnych, I'll do my best to write more ;-)

Realm, post the video. I'd like to see what you saw :-)

Shirley, I'm in the process of writing a book. When it's published, I'll be sure to let you know ;-)

U2law, Sitting out side is a great way to medidate. I find that I can solve most of the world's problems by standing outside and thinking and observing ;-)

good writing, mummy. like always!

btw, thats an interesting neighbourhood, naked neighbours without curtains, and naked mummy smoking his fag...eek.gif
Babs, it's the new Ireland... the universal church (catholicism) no longer has the power to convince us that everything is a sin: standing outside naked, or undressing without drawing the curtains, is no longer a sin.  The irony is that smoking kills, and the UC never said a word about such a depraved habit tongue.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='mummy wrote:

barbara1']good writing, mummy. like always!

btw, thats an interesting neighbourhood, naked neighbours without curtains, and naked mummy smoking his fag...
eek.gif

Babs, it's the new Ireland... the universal church (catholicism) no longer has the power to convince us that everything is a sin: standing outside naked, or undressing without drawing the curtains, is no longer a sin.  The irony is that smoking kills, and the UC never said a word about such a depraved habit tongue.gif

waiting for that flow to hit belgium, all catholicism is bringing us these days are more phedophile-scandals bout priests.

• Subscriber

lol good writing but anyone would think you were a pervert standing outside naked watching your neighbor lol unless you both know each other well and like to play kinky games , fun fun , well in that case your story could be interesting and end up in naughty books like playboy for some unsuspecting pedifile to read and then stalk the next lady changing in her room and plan an attack...................scary to think huh , anyway not knocking your writting , your very talented , and I always find your posts wise and amusing when you choose not to play silly buggers.............