All right people, I need your help!!!!

antonija_croatia

Due to writing my first U2 book, I am collecting some important information.

Does anybody know a story about Bono and a woman he bought her house?

I've read it somewhere in newspapers but actually, I don't know where, and I can not find it anywhere on Internet.

Story goes something like this:

A xxx woman and her daughter were poor and Bono bought them house. He said them that he don't want journalists to write about it, and that was their secret. Woman died a year or two ago, and her daughter said to journalist and News that Bono (yes, our Bono from U2) bought them house. She could stand out with the true story because her mother died. She made her a promise not to tell anyone so long she is alive.

So? Do you know the story? Any help will be welcome!

THANK YOU!smokin.gif

Yes, she was an elderly lady worked for U2 or whatever their company is called, the band bought her a house in Dublin, YEARS AGO when the property values were low, she passed away and her children didn't realize that the house belonged to the band. Principal Management is who I think she worked for, anyhow the band took the home back when she passed, really upsetting the family, but I do believe it is something she never mentioned. I'll see if I can locate the story.

Sometimes I wonder if Bono goes around buying up all the stories and photos that are bad about him on the internet! I can't find it anywhere now but I do remember the story. The woman had been with them since like the beginning..

• Subscriber

The story I read was one of gratitude as well. I haven't read one about the band taking back the house or about anyone being upset. The story I read was about the woman's daughter praising the band for taking care of the woman. Wish I had kept it or knew where to find it . . . . you'll have to fill us in when you find the story.

The story I read was one of gratitude as well. I haven't read one about the band taking back the house or about anyone being upset. The story I read was about the woman's daughter praising the band for taking care of the woman. Wish I had kept it or knew where to find it . . . . you'll have to fill us in when you find the story.
So, the story definitely exist. That's what I meant... a woman and her daughter. That was a beautiful story, just like a fair tale. Bono is such a good man and I don't know why that story is not any more online :/

frown.gif

• Subscriber

The story is about a woman working for Principle, I think, she was separating from her husband and had to take care of her children, I can't remember very well, but I think it was more than one, Irish justice determined the couple's house was to remain in the husband's hands, this happened at an early point in the band's career, the band heared all this from another person and decided to buy a little house for her where she was living till she died about 2 or 3 years ago when she was more than 70, when this happened the band took the house back and sold it, the news appeared in some Irish newspapers saying that the band were taking advantage of the death of an old woman and her daughter appeared in the media to defend them explaining how grateful they all were to U2.

The story was published about 2 or 3 years ago, I think it was The Irish Independent the one that covered the story more thoroughly because I remember I read it for several days and that's the newspaper I usually get when I'm working in Dublin. Hope this helps you.