How would you respond to U2 quitting?

security_in_anonymity

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Let's hope they won't for a while.....

If I see them on stage having fun with each other and doing what they're doing with what looks alot of happiness and devotion I can't imagine them quitting.

But let's face it.....when health is getting in the way, there is no choice....

I hope they (and we) won't have to go down that road.

• Subscriber

Watching them touring this summer I don't think we are near that point, the band was playing better than ever, they were having fun together and with their fans, Bono was recuperated, his voice wonderful and they were putting on the best shows on the planet.

But to answer the question: if they quit at this moment, I would respect their decision, but I would feel very sorry because I know there are many extraordinary things in them that I would like them to share with us and because I can't imagine Edge or Bono expressing themselves in another language different from music. If they had to quit due to health problems, I would encourage them to record new albums, even if they couldn't tour them.

Yes, I agree. Bono should not become a cripple. That would be very sad. An injured back is about as bad as it can get, as far as living with pain goes. I am very sorry for this accident. And, I am completely behind the researchers who are learning how to grow new body parts to replace those that are damaged--amazing strides are being made on this front!

I think Bono is going to be fine, although he may be in pain. But, I think he has had trouble with his back for a very long time, no?

At any rate, I agree with you guys--I watched all of the videos from Rome, and he looked very happy and they all seemed to be having fun! I think they are not going to stop. They still have to play in India and China and... space!!!!

By the way, a few people wrote in one of the other threads, I no longer know which, that they think these guys are humble. I just want to say that "humble" and "U2" are two concepts that have never-ever come into even close proximity to one another during any of my considerations of them. I don't think humble would suit them very well, actually. I am sure it is not true.