U2 ARE COMING TO SOUTH AFRICA

nrevpig

• Subscriber

As a Brit now living and working in Cape Town, South Africa I am so amped to hear today's announcement that U2 are coming to AFRICA! The bad are going to love playing in the beautiful Cape Town stadium underneath the stunning Table Mountain. Bono won't miss the symbolium of playing just across the water from the infamous Robben Island that 'housed' Madiba for so many years.

The band have done so much for this country in adding their voices to the anti-apartheid cause. Bono has also been instrumental in saving millions of lives across this continent through the ONE and DATE campaigns.

As an adopted son of Africa I say, WELCOME HOME BOYS!

How do other South Africans feel about this news?

• Subscriber

So excited - lookig into flights and hotels right now!!! Just need my friend to sort out flights (as airline staff will be really reduced, so can afford it!) Nit getting hopes up too high, but this may happen for me!

Whee Ha!!! Cant wait! Will be travelling from Richards Bay.....Lots of bookings for me to arrange. I was at J0-berg in '98 and one of the best moments for me was when the crowd started singing "40" while entering the stadium.

A sad thing for me though on that tour was that the band seemed very tired.....it was the last show of POPMART.

This will be my 4th time seeing U2 live (ZOO TV -Wembly, POPMART-Wembly, POPMART- Johannesburg) and I think Cape Town will be AWESOME!!!!!

• Subscriber

These are wonderful news, I'm so happy for all of you who can go to these gigs, but especially for those who couldn't afford to travel Europe or America in the previous legs, it will be magnificent, I can imagine Bono playing in Africa, be careful he may really get on fire!