U2 360 Jet Sighting Newark

waynomo

• Subscriber
It's always fun having a plane land just in front of you while you are on the NJT.  The U2 jet added a bit of unexpected wowness.

The jet I saw was slightly smaller then the A320.  I suspect the A320 would be for the crew, etc.  The jet I saw looked more appropriate for the band and a few more to travel in luxury.  It didn't necessarily seem appropriate for a hockey team, however a little research does show that the Toronto Maple Leafs were playing the NY Rangers that night.  Would a 3 PM landing give them enough time to get to MSG and do everything they needed to do for a 7 PM start?

Maybe, probably, but could cut it a little close if any traffic . . . how far is the hockey arena from the airport?

• Subscriber
It's always fun having a plane land just in front of you while you are on the NJT.  The U2 jet added a bit of unexpected wowness.

The jet I saw was slightly smaller then the A320.  I suspect the A320 would be for the crew, etc.  The jet I saw looked more appropriate for the band and a few more to travel in luxury.  It didn't necessarily seem appropriate for a hockey team, however a little research does show that the Toronto Maple Leafs were playing the NY Rangers that night.  Would a 3 PM landing give them enough time to get to MSG and do everything they needed to do for a 7 PM start?

Was this what you saw?  This is what was parked in Dublin last year and definitely not a 320...more like a small DC9.th_DSC04904.jpg?t=1287626996

• Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Janette B wrote:

EdgeFest']NHL Teams have been using the jet during non-tour times, its "day job" is an Air Canada charter jet, so it is used outside of U2, it's just still painted up.
;)

Oh . . . not quite as exciting then 
ohwell.gif

It would be good though if you were just taking a regular flight and that was your plane!

exactly what i was thinking when i read that! 

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='RedHill wrote:

waynomo']It's always fun having a plane land just in front of you while you are on the NJT.  The U2 jet added a bit of unexpected wowness.

Was this what you saw?  This is what was parked in Dublin last year and definitely not a 320...more like a small DC9.th_DSC04904.jpg?t=1287626996

Yes, that was it!