Edge as Tour Guide!!!!

Janette B

• Subscriber

Tour U2's Underworld ... with The Edge

I just read this from atU2.com . . . . .

Posted: October 19, 2010

By: m2 / @mattmcgee

How would you like to get a guided tour of "underworld" -- the area below U2's stage where a lot of the musical magic happens during every concert? How would you like The Edge to be your guide? That's being auctioned this week in a cancer research fund raiser that will benefit Gabrielle's Angel Foundation. The highest bidder wins first-class airfare to any show on the 2011 U2 360 tour in North America, VIP tickets to the concert, and a tour of "underworld" with Edge as your host.

The auction is open now, and ends on Thursday at Noon ET. If interested, open up your wallet (or bank account, more likely): The current high bid is $12,000. Yikes.

• Subscriber

Is this site for real? Some pretty cool (and some pretty awful!) experiences there to bid on. I would not waste my money on them (if I had it lol) but if you're rich enough, why not!

I might change my mind though for a weekend with Rose Byrne tongue.gif

• Subscriber

I have been in the 'underworld'. Who wants to know what's under there?

I must admit knowing nothing about stage logistics or technical aspects so I would not even know where to start as far as asking a question on this. I do however think it must be pretty cool to see what goes on behind (under) the stage.

You get a decent view from the front of the inner circle on what's going on and then again after the show as you leave the inner circle towards the back of the stage. Is there really that much more going on that can be seen from there?

Backstage or underneath as in this case, is not a pretty place..not something I would be interested in but I guess if you are giving away money to charities, you get something for your money and for someone it would be quite a memorable event. I like silent auctions for charity, gotten some really cool stuff through the years. Just recently acquired the flag that was flying at Patrick Air Force Base on Sept. 11th.. My daughter wanted it. I've got all kinds of things like that because we were donating anyways at the time to a worthy charity. I can't do it anymore these days...the first to feel the recessions and bad times are the ones that need it the most, charities. I applaud Edge for raising money in these tough times. Very cool.

• Subscriber
  Not to be a Debbie-downer, but I have the gut feeling The Edge wouldn't want one of us everyday Joes winning because the average,everyday person doesn't have over $12,000 laying around.
Yep a ton of money for people like us, but I'm sure that Edge would be a wonderful host whoever won wink.gif

• Subscriber

I'd let Edge tour me anywhere (it's THE EDGE!!!) even if I'm not interested or knowledgable in the technical aspects and all for a good cause!

Agreed but I would rather have a pint of the black stuff in the Stag's Head with him and discuss the new album smile.gif