what is beauty or beautiful---to you?

xtraspicy62

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the chances ... I interviewed a young couple about two years ago. He had a brain tumor and ended up dying. His wife keeps a blog and I just went to read if there were any updates and she has this quote as part of her latest post:

“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness,and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.â€â€“Elisabeth Kubler Ross

I would have to agree

• Subscriber

i could say beauty is inside, which is true, ofcourse.... but if you really wanna know what makes me call someone beautiful? its being original, being yourself, being specilal.

for example:
i saw this 12year old girl in hospital with very special, red hair. it looked like a soft peache-color! very pretty and i told her so too.
my love, who photographes kids in schools and daycare-centres, often shows me pics of kids he thinks look very photogenetic. and i really love the kids who look 'special and unic' in one way or another. beautiful eye-color, or formed eyes.... freckles, ...
last week he showed me a pic of a 9 year old girl, her dad was black but all she enherited from him was a very big afro!! it looked so special in combination with her green eyes and freckles (yep! she had it all!) and i'm sure other kids make fun of her, like they make fun of my daughter (who she resembled to very much when she was younger!) but she will look so special and great when she gets older. its a face you will never forget.

sadly kids, especially teenagers, all wanna look the same, they don like being different. your hair must be straight, and blonde is recommended. there's an ideal weight and height... you shouldnt wear glasses but contacts, you have to wear that pair of jeans, and a sweater and jacket like that, and those shoes are cool too....

thats why i love uma thurman, mila jovovich, dakota fanning, michelle pfeifer, kate winslet, lucy liu, cate blanchette, blake lively... i think they have this special thing in their features that some 'perfect hollywood diva's' lack.

• Subscriber

I'm sorry to change the tone in here, what can I say except I'm bored and feeling just a teensy weensy bit silly and childish.....but this is the first thing that came into my head!  

830989f3.jpg&t=1

• Subscriber

Life is beautiful - It may suck at times and it may be hard as hell at times. But it is beautiful, what we learn from it is beautiful and we each make it more beautiful in our own spcials ways!