Have you ever been a complete idiot-like me?

xtraspicy62

recently i posted something i came to regret. i took it down, then apologized privately to that person.

what happened next reduced me to tears: they easily and gracefully forgave me.

so my question now is

has anyone else done something they regretted?

and did you find grace, mercy, forgiveness?

You bet I have done things I regret,but unfortunately wasn't forgiven despite how many times I apologized.  I spoke with a good friend about these situations and she said "if they don't forgive, they aren't worth the sweat off your ass and you're better off without them".

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question could be: When am I NOT an idiot? I can even offend someone and not know what I did to offend them. I could use one of thoes computer chips too, maybe one that could check blood alcohol level, because I'm drawn to the computer after a glass of wine or two! Never ends well, by the way. Anyway, all you can do is appologize and if the other person can't accept your apology, then that makes them the idiot. ;) Glad everything worked out okay for you :)

• Subscriber

Many of the above! My biggest problem is the lapse in connection between my mouth and my brain, my mouth is way ahead of the game then my brain catches up and tells me that wasn't a good thing *instant regret* and I end up apologising a hundred times over usually followed by a gift of some kind!! So they're often expensive mistakes too LOL. I've regretted some stuff I've emailed, it's so much easier to be an idiot in an email, it's so easy to press send and say things you'd never say to a person if you were face to face!

recently i posted something i came to regret. i took it down, then apologized privately to that person.

what happened next reduced me to tears: they easily and gracefully forgave me.

so my question now is

has anyone else done something they regretted?

and did you find grace, mercy, forgiveness?

Nobody is perfect, life is not easy

The important thing is you are a good person, because you thought and realized you were mistaken, and then you apologized to the person. We are people of good will, but emotions betray us, is perfectly normal.

And the other person is intelligent enough to understand and forgive.

Personally I have had strong discussions with you but I could see you didn't want to hurt me. Now I know I can discuss everything with you, you are a good person and intelligent.

Don't worry honey, this too shall pass....

Many of the above! My biggest problem is the lapse in connection between my mouth and my brain, my mouth is way ahead of the game then my brain catches up and tells me that wasn't a good thing *instant regret* and I end up apologising a hundred times over usually followed by a gift of some kind!! So they're often expensive mistakes too LOL. I've regretted some stuff I've emailed, it's so much easier to be an idiot in an email, it's so easy to press send and say things you'd never say to a person if you were face to face!

EXCELLENTLY put! i tottally agree. the only trouble with me is the fact that i say the first thing that pops into my head. which pretty often (oh, who am i kidding?!) ALWAYS gets me in trouble of some sort. laugh.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='zooropa_rockz wrote:

Anjana']Many of the above! My biggest problem is the lapse in connection between my mouth and my brain, my mouth is way ahead of the game then my brain catches up and tells me that wasn't a good thing *instant regret* and I end up apologising a hundred times over usually followed by a gift of some kind!! So they're often expensive mistakes too LOL. I've regretted some stuff I've emailed, it's so much easier to be an idiot in an email, it's so easy to press send and say things you'd never say to a person if you were face to face!

EXCELLENTLY put! i tottally agree. the only trouble with me is the fact that i say the first thing that pops into my head. which pretty often (oh, who am i kidding?!) ALWAYS gets me in trouble of some sort. laugh.gif

Same here! I've been told to step back and take 10 seconds before I speak but that's just not very me at all!!fighting0063.gif

• Subscriber

We all make mistakes but if our heart does not allow us to forgive there is something wrong , and if we diliberately say something to hurt ones feelings or show partiality then we cant expect to live out in the promise of Gods love can we , we would then be expected to be a victom of human population reduction if thats what you want to call the final judgement.................

Good thing we learn from our mistakes huh ? :o) sometimes we have good reasons to make them :o)