U2 Bigger than the World Cup!!

nrevpig

• Subscriber

U2 have just sold out Cape Town Stadium in record time. 72,000 tickets sold and talk of putting in an extra 10,000. The biggest crowd at this stadium was for the World Cup semi-final with a total attendance of 65,000.

Plus FNB Stadium, which hosted the World Cup Final has sold 90% of it's 101,000 tickets - a bigger attendance than for the FIFA World Cup Final.

IT'S OFFICIAL U2 ARE BIGGER THAN THE FIFA WORLD CUP!

• Subscriber

Nice - those are going to be amazing gigs. Can't wait for the live feeds.

Love the comparison with football & think we should go with it.... who's made the biggest twat of themselves? Bono, Maradona or Zidane wink.gif 

Still going with Maradona myself.

Recently watched the film Invictus

"Nelson Mandela, in his first term as the South African President, initiates a unique venture to unite the apartheid-torn land [by enlisting] the national rugby team on a mission to win the 1995 Rugby World Cup."

Very very good.  With Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon starring.  Recommend it to everyone! 

"Nelson Mandela, in his first term as the South African President, initiates a unique venture to unite the apartheid-torn land [by enlisting] the national rugby team on a mission to win the 1995 Rugby World Cup."

Very very good.  With Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon starring.  Recommend it to everyone! 

• Subscriber

"Nelson Mandela, in his first term as the South African President, initiates a unique venture to unite the apartheid-torn land [by enlisting] the national rugby team on a mission to win the 1995 Rugby World Cup.

Sorry SiA - worst movie ever! Every kiwi believes that the mighty All Blacks (our national rugby team who the SAs played in the final) were actually food poisoned before the World Cup final - it may be a great movie but it is a terrible story IMHO. We waz robbed!  That's apart from the fact that the Springboks should never have made the final but for some glaring refereeing mistakes earlier in the WC.

Yes I'm still bitter about that one! mad.gif

[quote name='Reid NZ wrote:

security_in_anonymity']Recently watched the film
Invictus
"Nelson Mandela, in his first term as the South African President, initiates a unique venture to unite the apartheid-torn land [by enlisting] the national rugby team on a mission to win the 1995 Rugby World Cup.

Sorry SiA - worst movie ever! Every kiwi believes that the mighty All Blacks (our national rugby team who the SAs played in the final) were actually food poisoned before the World Cup final - it may be a great movie but it is a terrible story IMHO. We waz robbed!  That's apart from the fact that the Springboks should never have made the final but for some glaring refereeing mistakes earlier in the WC.

Oh, dear, Reid...lol!  I am sorry.  I guess I do not know the New Zealand side of the story.  Sorry!  eyes.gif

But I agree with Surrenders that Morgan Freeman looked like Mandela, and he was quite brilliant in the role.

[quote name='Reid NZ wrote:

security_in_anonymity']Recently watched the film
Invictus

Oh, dear, Reid...lol!  I am sorry.  I guess I do not know the New Zealand side of the story.  Sorry!  eyes.gif

But I agree with Surrenders that Morgan Freeman looked like Mandela, and he was quite brilliant in the role.