61053_153648228002938_113082568726171_308728_8176857_n.jpg

original version

you might remember...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Scout.

Ok, this is probably not something I should cop to, because I swear to god that I do not follow every piece of news that comes out about this band, or even think to do so with any regularity.  Honest.  Honest.  But, I saw this pointless news clip last week that was headlined as Bono out in public without his glasses, and the writer was commenting on the "bags" under his eyes. I thought it was quite a hateful comment:

"dark under eye circles and bags were clearly visible on the 50-year-olds face which is usually covered with a pair of Emporio Armani shades."

I took a look at the picture and thought to myself that it looked as if he had been crying non-stop--and I wondered why, before forcing the thought out of my head, because, frankly, it is ridiculous to project anything onto a photo and it is really none of my business to wonder about the emotional state of strangers anyway.  Christ, he could simply not have slept in days, was hung over, or has a cold, or anything else!  But, the thought that he had been crying profusely crept back in once or twice over the last week against my will, which actually irritated me considerably.  But, I guess my interest in synergies, regardless of how tenuous or illusory, is overcoming my being irritated with myself for having the thought at all.   So, I mention it.

At any rate, here is that photo, for what it is worth:

301010_bono.jpg

They are lovely lyrics. 

Thank you, Scout.

Ok, this is probably not something I should cop to, because I swear to god that I do not follow every piece of news that comes out about this band, or even think to do so with any regularity.  Honest.  Honest.  But, I saw this pointless news clip last week that was headlined as Bono out in public without his glasses, and the writer was commenting on the "bags" under his eyes. I thought it was quite a hateful comment:

"dark under eye circles and bags were clearly visible on the 50-year-olds face which is usually covered with a pair of Emporio Armani shades."

I took a look at the picture and thought to myself that it looked as if he had been crying non-stop--and I wondered why, before forcing the thought out of my head, because, frankly, it is ridiculous to project anything onto a photo and it is really none of my business to wonder about the emotional state of strangers anyway.  Christ, he could simply not have slept in days, was hung over, or has a cold, or anything else!  But, the thought that he had been crying profusely crept back in once or twice over the last week against my will, which actually irritated me considerably.  But, I guess my interest in synergies, regardless of how tenuous or illusory, is overcoming my being irritated with myself for having the thought at all.   So, I mention it.

301010_bono.jpg

They are lovely lyrics. 

Thank you, Scout.

301010_bono.jpg

They are lovely lyrics.