Still adead zoo, might as well head off to bed

Jillie

• Subscriber

mick james wrote:

Did you really get stalked and hacked, or did you just get overly offended by opposing opinions and the fact that those of us in the colonies are known to swear like pirates?

does that make you a sort of sexy 'captain jack' like pirate, mick?

scout: on thursday-nite 9pm (gmt) a FB-group of 'old-zootopians' planned a visit to this boards to 'resurect' the old days,  tried to post as many topics and replies as possible within an hour time. they wanted to raid the zoo and his current members and have a bit of fun, stir up the place a little with new topics and a bit of 'old controversy'. things got weird when posts and threads disappeared and people felt like they were censured.... the group feels offended and attacked now, and betrayed by the mods... i hope i summed it op objectively?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once upon a time, in a zoo far far away, I was a paid member. On the very day I became a member, I was accused by many of the older users of being some notorious user that used to "upset the threads". I used to get quite a number of PMs from the mods too: I think they suspected I was that notorious user too. Then, and it was inevitable really, I was banned without reason. Subsequently, I became a free member and in time, I was banned. They nailed their pathetic reasons for banning me to the top of this discussion folder. Then I changed my name to "mummy" and they never banned me ever again. And we all lived happily ever after. The end.

Which zoo do I prefer? This one. By far. I only frequent the Free General Forum (I think one folder is enough) and I think all the users are very helpful, friendly and respectful of each other.

Now, that's my post for the week. I hope you enjoyed it. If you want to read more of what I have to say, just re-read this post over and over. :-)

• Subscriber

Once upon a time, in a zoo far far away, I was a paid member. On the very day I became a member, I was accused by many of the older users of being some notorious user that used to "upset the threads". I used to get quite a number of PMs from the mods too: I think they suspected I was that notorious user too. Then, and it was inevitable really, I was banned without reason. Subsequently, I became a free member and in time, I was banned. They nailed their pathetic reasons for banning me to the top of this discussion folder. Then I changed my name to "mummy" and they never banned me ever again. And we all lived happily ever after. The end.

Which zoo do I prefer? This one. By far. I only frequent the Free General Forum (I think one folder is enough) and I think all the users are very helpful, friendly and respectful of each other.

Now, that's my post for the week. I hope you enjoyed it. If you want to read more of what I have to say, just re-read this post over and over. :-)

Will re-read tomorrow the monday etc..... then until next saturday then Mummy!happy.gif

mick james wrote:

Did you really get stalked and hacked, or did you just get overly offended by opposing opinions and the fact that those of us in the colonies are known to swear like pirates?

No, I actually got stalked and hacked.  It went on for two years.  I even went to the authorities about it, but nobody would believe me initially.  Finally, two years later, I had proof--  A.  emails from someone claiming responsibility and saying "they hoped I learned my lesson" and B.  witnesses--military members-- to the cyber crimes, including the hijacking of my keyboard.  People left threatening notes at my house in DC, they lived in my computer, interfered with job applications.  I did not receive a single response to a single application from 2006-2008.   By the time it stopped, and I had proof, they had destroyed my ability to qualify for a security clearance, which ended that  career path.  They accused me of "facilitating the evil ends of the US government," and some one of them found me (or I guess cyber-stalked me) after I had wandered into virtual worlds, and came as a virtual suicide bomber to blow up my avatar--which sounds funny when narrated, but it absolutely not so when it comes on the tail-end (at that point) of 18 months of true crime, which has had a lasting and deleterious effect.   I made a film about that event, which got the attention of some cyber analysts, which helped, finally.   I had invested a lot into preparing to be an analyst.  That career was destroyed.  I have not forgotten.  I will not forget.  I have all of the information and leads and some IPs.  Eventually, I will be able to pay someone to track all of those scum bags down.  Those who were not directly responsible, are still culpable by virtue of creating a nasty, bullying and chaotically lie-infested environment here that provided cover for  one or more psychopaths.  The whole batch are low-lifes, as far as I am concerned. Eventually, they will be held accountable.

mick james wrote:

No, I actually got stalked and hacked.  It went on for two years.  I even went to the authorities about it, but nobody would believe me initially.  Finally, two years later, I had proof--  A.  emails from someone claiming responsibility and saying "they hoped I learned my lesson" and B.  witnesses--military members-- to the cyber crimes, including the hijacking of my keyboard.  People left threatening notes at my house in DC, they lived in my computer, interfered with job applications.  I did not receive a single response to a single application from 2006-2008.   By the time it stopped, and I had proof, they had destroyed my ability to qualify for a security clearance, which ended that  career path.  They accused me of "facilitating the evil ends of the US government," and some one of them found me (or I guess cyber-stalked me) after I had wandered into virtual worlds, and came as a virtual suicide bomber to blow up my avatar--which sounds funny when narrated, but it absolutely not so when it comes on the tail-end (at that point) of 18 months of true crime, which has had a lasting and deleterious effect.   I made a film about that event, which got the attention of some cyber analysts, which helped, finally.   I had invested a lot into preparing to be an analyst.  That career was destroyed.  I have not forgotten.  I will not forget.  I have all of the information and leads and some IPs.  Eventually, I will be able to pay someone to track all of those scum bags down.  Those who were not directly responsible, are still culpable by virtue of creating a nasty, bullying and chaotically lie-infested environment here that provided cover for  one or more psychopaths.  The whole batch are low-lifes, as far as I am concerned. Eventually, they will be held accountable.

mick james wrote:

• Subscriber

mick james wrote:

scout: on thursday-nite 9pm (gmt) a FB-group of 'old-zootopians' planned a visit to this boards to 'resurect' the old days,  tried to post as many topics and replies as possible within an hour time. they wanted to raid the zoo and his current members and have a bit of fun, stir up the place a little with new topics and a bit of 'old controversy'. things got weird when posts and threads disappeared and people felt like they were censured.... the group feels offended and attacked now, and betrayed by the mods... i hope i summed it op objectively?

You pretty much summed it up there Barbara ..thanks.

It was me who organised the "flashmob". I used to spend all my time here at the Zoo , chatting to people , playing games and generally enjoying the athmosphere here but that all changed around 2 years ago and most people left here. I just wanted to get all the people i used to talk to back in here , even if it was just a short lenght of time and maybe reignite the spark that used to happen when all those Zootops got together.

It was never meant to cause any trouble or slight all you guys who inhabit the Zoo now. The zoo that is here now is not the same as it was. It is the people who make the Zoo what it is but when all the people you chat to everyday leave then it becomes pretty empty and boring. Maybe in a couple of years you might be lamenting "your old zoo" like we all are...its nothing against you guys, im sure your all terrificpimp.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='cathkel wrote:

barbara1']
mick james wrote:

You pretty much summed it up there Barbara ..thanks.

It was me who organised the "flashmob". I used to spend all my time here at the Zoo , chatting to people , playing games and generally enjoying the athmosphere here but that all changed around 2 years ago and most people left here. I just wanted to get all the people i used to talk to back in here , even if it was just a short lenght of time and maybe reignite the spark that used to happen when all those Zootops got together.

It was never meant to cause any trouble or slight all you guys who inhabit the Zoo now. The zoo that is here now is not the same as it was. It is the people who make the Zoo what it is but when all the people you chat to everyday leave then it becomes pretty empty and boring. Maybe in a couple of years you might be lamenting "your old zoo" like we all are...its nothing against you guys, im sure your all terrificpimp.gif

I understand what you mean Cathkel - it is not the same when people go and you miss them. I never posted in here a couple of years ago - but wish i had. I have only been posting in the 'new zoo' and I do love it in here. I have made some lovely friends and have been lucky enough to have met up with some grest Zootops and spend time with them and their families and can't wait to meet many more.

Your idea of the flashmob was great and it was fun. And I do think some spark was reignited, but I don't think that it could happen in one hour. I hope that old zootops were enticed back in here and will keep popping back in here and see that it is still a fun place and there are some great people in here and this place will come back alive to how you want it. But even if it doesn't stay and meet us new ones - we are lovely lol!!!!