Still adead zoo, might as well head off to bed

Jillie

• Subscriber

maybe thats part of the problem. i wont say anything bout the banning or what else happened in here some years ago, since its hard to find out the exact facts after all this time. but some 'older' zootops seem to be unwilling to meet new people and give them a fair chance. they talk bout the old days and joke bout the conditions that labels you as a 'real, genuine zootop' (and to some level i think they arent just joking). but lets face it, some people werent here all those years ago, because they didnt have acces to the www or maybe were unaware of this community excisting (both in my case). or they're pretty young fans.

and i can imagine it gets boring if the familiar faces start to take off, i don blame anyone for losing interest when that happens.
but i find almost every topic started by these 'former active zootops' in here or on FB have the same theme: how dead and empty and boring the zoo has become....
and to be honest, they all start to sound like whining, moaning old folks, and their conversation gets just a little boring too.... 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Sorry you feel that way Barbara...It was never the intention of the "Flashmob" to be a Oldies V's Newbies contest. To be honest with you i regret starting the whole thing now. It was meant to be a bit of fun but has now resulted in alot of bad feeling and a General section that has shut down. U2 fans are a very passionate bunch.....sometimes its a good thing, sometimes a bad thing.

• Subscriber

mick james wrote:

Did you really get stalked and hacked, or did you just get overly offended by opposing opinions and the fact that those of us in the colonies are known to swear like pirates?

No, I actually got stalked and hacked.  It went on for two years.  I even went to the authorities about it, but nobody would believe me initially.  Finally, two years later, I had proof--  A.  emails from someone claiming responsibility and saying "they hoped I learned my lesson" and B.  witnesses--military members-- to the cyber crimes, including the hijacking of my keyboard.  People left threatening notes at my house in DC, they lived in my computer, interfered with job applications.  I did not receive a single response to a single application from 2006-2008.   By the time it stopped, and I had proof, they had destroyed my ability to qualify for a security clearance, which ended that  career path.  They accused me of "facilitating the evil ends of the US government," and some one of them found me (or I guess cyber-stalked me) after I had wandered into virtual worlds, and came as a virtual suicide bomber to blow up my avatar--which sounds funny when narrated, but it absolutely not so when it comes on the tail-end (at that point) of 18 months of true crime, which has had a lasting and deleterious effect.   I made a film about that event, which got the attention of some cyber analysts, which helped, finally.   I had invested a lot into preparing to be an analyst.  That career was destroyed.  I have not forgotten.  I will not forget.  I have all of the information and leads and some IPs.  Eventually, I will be able to pay someone to track all of those scum bags down.  Those who were not directly responsible, are still culpable by virtue of creating a nasty, bullying and chaotically lie-infested environment here that provided cover for  one or more psychopaths.  The whole batch are low-lifes, as far as I am concerned. Eventually, they will be held accountable.

So let me get this straight.....

You're suggesting that for 2 years, there was a group of Zootopians who conspired with a bent Moderator, to hack into your personal life and prevent you from finding gainful employment?

That for 2 years, every time you applied for a job, the "criminal element" of the Zoo hacked into different company's networks to mess with your applications?

That Zootopians tracked you down to your personal address in DC to stalk you?

That Zootopians somehow how you registered as a threat to the US Government?

That Zootopians tracked you down in the virtual world and "suicide bombed" your avatar

(translation for norms - killed her video game character)

And that the military is involved and has seen your proof?

Now what really intrigues me, is if all this X-files meets Matrix stuff actually happended to you,

then why on Earth would you return here? 

What if the Zoo Mafia gets up to their old criminal tricks?

And considering you made such a song and dance the last time about "having your account deleted to eliminate your internet presence due to Cyber stalkers", then why would you choose a screen name that is an obvious nod to you being a member earlier, and why in the world would you use the same exact Avatar??

It's hardly "Secure" or "Anonymous" if you are instantly recognizable via your Avatar picture... and I must say I recognised you as soon as you returned.

Are you not just asking the Zoo Mafia to find you?

Don't know about the rest of you but I'm totally going to the kitchen to make a helmet out of cooking foil.

Last thing I need is aliens stealing my thoughts.

indifferent.gif

• Subscriber

mick james wrote:

Did you really get stalked and hacked, or did you just get overly offended by opposing opinions and the fact that those of us in the colonies are known to swear like pirates?

No, I actually got stalked and hacked.  It went on for two years.  I even went to the authorities about it, but nobody would believe me initially.  Finally, two years later, I had proof--  A.  emails from someone claiming responsibility and saying "they hoped I learned my lesson" and B.  witnesses--military members-- to the cyber crimes, including the hijacking of my keyboard.  People left threatening notes at my house in DC, they lived in my computer, interfered with job applications.  I did not receive a single response to a single application from 2006-2008.   By the time it stopped, and I had proof, they had destroyed my ability to qualify for a security clearance, which ended that  career path.  They accused me of "facilitating the evil ends of the US government," and some one of them found me (or I guess cyber-stalked me) after I had wandered into virtual worlds, and came as a virtual suicide bomber to blow up my avatar--which sounds funny when narrated, but it absolutely not so when it comes on the tail-end (at that point) of 18 months of true crime, which has had a lasting and deleterious effect.   I made a film about that event, which got the attention of some cyber analysts, which helped, finally.   I had invested a lot into preparing to be an analyst.  That career was destroyed.  I have not forgotten.  I will not forget.  I have all of the information and leads and some IPs.  Eventually, I will be able to pay someone to track all of those scum bags down.  Those who were not directly responsible, are still culpable by virtue of creating a nasty, bullying and chaotically lie-infested environment here that provided cover for  one or more psychopaths.  The whole batch are low-lifes, as far as I am concerned. Eventually, they will be held accountable.

You're suggesting that for 2 years, there was a group of Zootopians who conspired with a bent Moderator, to hack into your personal life and prevent you from finding gainful employment?

That for 2 years, every time you applied for a job, the "criminal element" of the Zoo hacked into different company's networks to mess with your applications?

That Zootopians tracked you down in the virtual world and "suicide bombed" your avatar

Now what really intrigues me, is if all this X-files meets Matrix stuff actually happended to you,

And considering you made such a song and dance the last time about "having your account deleted to eliminate your internet presence due to Cyber stalkers", then why would you choose a screen name that is an obvious nod to you being a member earlier, and why in the world would you use the same exact Avatar??

It's hardly "Secure" or "Anonymous" if you are instantly recognizable via your Avatar picture... and I must say I recognised you as soon as you returned.

Don't know about the rest of you but I'm totally going to the kitchen to make a helmet out of cooking foil.

indifferent.gif

• Subscriber

indifferent.gif

Might not be a bad idea Mick... after all you do know it's highly likely there'll be "an increase in alien activity" what with The Claw being in NZ at the moment and due to hit Oz shores in 10 days time.... alien.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='ness 27 wrote:

mick james']Don't know about the rest of you but I'm totally going to the kitchen to make a helmet out of cooking foil.

indifferent.gif

Might not be a bad idea Mick... after all you do know it's highly likely there'll be "an increase in alien activity" what with The Claw being in NZ at the moment and due to hit Oz shores in 10 days time.... alien.gif

Ah Ness! It's all a bit exciting innit!!!

Maybe it's like a cult, and the Claw is magically going to take all of us Zootops off to space at the end of the tour??

• Subscriber

[quote name='ness 27 wrote:

mick james']Don't know about the rest of you but I'm totally going to the kitchen to make a helmet out of cooking foil.

indifferent.gif

Ah Ness! It's all a bit exciting innit!!!

Maybe it's like a cult, and the Claw is magically going to take all of us Zootops off to space at the end of the tour??

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

security_in_anonymity']
mick james wrote:

indifferent.gif

http://zooticiancomplaints1.blogspot.com/

????