sad news.

barbara1

• Subscriber

one of my moms colleagues, young woman late thirthies, has taken her own life. her boyfriend left her and emptied the bank-account. she had a meltdown and took overdose of medicins and was found dead last week. mom, who's on sickleave for almost 2 year now, got the card and news from other colleague. she didnt know the deceased very well, but colleague told her the poor woman left behind 4 kids, 3 of them were triplings.

she would have gotten the money stolen by her ex back. but somehow she lost hope and courage and wanted to end it all. its very sad , i hope her kids can cope and live with this...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

this is awfulfrown.gif 

i wonder if she ever talked with someone bout the situation, did she try to get some help? of course it's too late to speculate... she must have been very very desperate when wanted to end it all, just wonder if she even spoke to anybody... it's just difficult to understand how someone can lose hope so totally.frown.gif

terribly sad, it's all i can say... just have to hope the kids can surmount at some point and someone take care of them.

• Subscriber

What a horrible thing to have happened Barbara - my heart goes out to the poor children left behind. She must have felt so bad and so down so leave behind her kids. I hope that they can stick together and support each other through all of this.

MY prayers for the children and family left behind. The poor poor lady maybe didn't have anywhere to turn, or maybe the dark dark place she found herself had no light to save  her from the end.It makes me feel we ALL of us need be conscious of our friends when things are not so good, a bad thing, time can be the difference if able cope or not !

• Subscriber

always remember what Bono said about Michael Hutchence in u2byu2... if he had coped an extra hour it would have been just ok, when the darkest moment comes you think you can't get out of it but most likely it will pass... I think is true in most of this kind of cases.

• Subscriber

i agree, kert. in most cases it is. people who get rescued in time and find another way to deal with their problems.

other people feel too sad, excuse me i want to use a better word, but cant find one in english.
 i always remember this other colleague who worked at my moms previous job. i knew him cause during summer i would work in this factory where my mom was a secretary. he was always singing and whisteling. he used to do playback-acts during the annual employees-ball. he had one daughter, never managed to have a second child , till at older age his wife got pregnant again! they seemed so happy but later it seemed his cheerfulness had been a cover-up, a mask and he had suffered from extreem sadness for years.after the baby was born he tried to kill himself 2 times, second time he jumped outta a 3rd floor window, he survived but landed on his feet and quashed his legs. he ended in a wheelchair. 
meanwhile the factory went bankrupt, closed and my mom didnt hear bout him again, till one day she visited my brother in mental-hospital and who was there sitting beside him? right, it was him. he stayed in the closed unit for 6 months and then doctors thought he was ready to spent sundays at home. he was telling my mom how much he looked forward to this on saturday. his daughter came to pick him up at noon. she helped him outta the car, he could walk short distances. she parked in the garage and helped her dad out the car. while they were to enter the kitchen turned and locked the door behind the girl. got back in the car and drove off before his wife and daughter managed to get to the front door. they didnt even knew he could drive with those legs. the daughter called a friend with car to help her look for him. they were not far from the house when they heard a sirene... her dad had crashed the car into a very big tree next to the village. and didnt survive.
looking back, this man had no interest in living, he decided he wanted to die years back and kept trying till he succeeded.
he was beyond help, dont you think?