Presale Code Info & Issues South America (Updated Dec. 9th)

• Community Manager

I am extremely frustrated, I feel cheated and stolen. I know of the confiability of the LiveNation company, but this confiability is not applied in companies in Brazil. I was fortunate to attend the U2 concert in Rome on October 8, and I had no problems, even bought my ticket that was sent to me in Brazil without any problem.

Recently there were rumors of a U2 concert in Brazil, to guarantee our tickets if the rumor was confirmed in advance myself and my two brothers subscribed the U2.com to buy our tickets with the presales codes. To our gladness the show has been confirmed, we anxiously await the opening of sales for subscribed members, on December 1 the presales tickets began to be buy and were conducted by the company ticketsforfun.com.br, such as U2's official website instructions, we were bought 12 tickets (4 Tickets for each subscribers code) that should be purchased in 3 three separate purchases of 4 tickets each.

We made a single register in the www.ticktesforfun.com.br and can buy 12 tickets in three separate transactions approved by the site.

On December 3rd I received an email saying I could have just bought four tickets for CPF, which is a record of people here in Brazil, and the same is used to register on the site Ticktesforfun.com.br (but to load the home page of purchase and buy our tickets we need to put our subscribers codes in 3 separate transactions) . The company itself allowed and confirmed the purchase of the tickets. The purchase was made following the guidelines of U2.com, ie 4 tickets by subscribes and not by CPF. Now the company wants to cancel my purchase of 8 tickets saying it was an order of u2.com and yet I should pay 20% of the value of the tickets canceled as a convenience fee.

In short we spent $ 150 to sign the U2.com to buy 12 tickets for our family, we spend $ 3,380 to buy the tickets. The purchase of eight tickets were canceled and still have to pay $ 400 cancellation fee!! Outside that damage my nephews and my brother are very sad because the purchase had already been confirmed by telephone and internet by the company and now they are without tickets and still have to pay 20% of the value of the tickets!!! (To me this sounds like a joke, but unfortunately it is not).

I do not think this is an U2.com or livenation error, I'm sure this is an error of the ticketsforfun.com. We would like to help of LiveNation or u2.com to solve this problem because my nephews are desperate and crying all day ....

Best regards,

Alexander

Subscribers
Alexander Tadeu Sverzut
Lacyr João Sverzut
Adilson Ernesto Sverzut
I am sure if you explain you were not aware you could not buy more than 4 tickets per household then they should refund the full amount you paid for cancelled tickets.

I would advise filling in a complaint using the Contact Us form over on the Help Page selecting 'Presale Issues' as the topic.

Explain it was a genuine error on your part and send them all correspondence you have had with ticket seller. Also if you paid by credit card, they may be able to assist you, without being penalised with a hefty cancellation fee (the fact that you did not cancel, but the company cancelled them).

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Okay, thank you for your attention. I already sent a formal complaint to the site as suggested. Please clarify me about  a doubt, for example, if I have have an account on the site ticketmaster.com, me and my two brothers are three subscribers U2.com and we have 3 subscriber codes, for ease delivery of tickets will use my account on the site ticktmaster.com to buy 12 tickets in three separate transactions to facilitate the dispatch of tickets. According to the site u2.com this procedure is correct in my understanding, OK. Just need confirmation that if this procedure is correct, because the ticketsforfun.com accuse the u2.com was who ordained the use of CPF Brazilian code to purchase four tickets and not subscribers code, this really true?

Kind regards

Alex

PS: Sorry about my terrible English

Hi there,

During this week I passed through the heaven to hell in just a couple days. About the heaven, after so many hours at night and early morning on my computer trying to buy some tickets for my bothers and I, I got the tickets!!! I though would be so nice to see the band I love with my five bothers here in Brazil. Was the heaven, but only for a couple days because I received a e-mail from the Tickets for Fun informing that the order will be canceled, definitely was the hell.... They were based on the fact that it is allowed only 4 tickets per CPF that is a number here in Brazil similar to the Social Security Number in USA. On the other hand, at the official U2 site it is allowed 4 tickets per subscribed code, and this case my bothers and I didn't break any site rule. My question now is, who is right? Tickets for Fun (this name is seeming ironic to us) or the U2 official site? Finally, I would like to ask you, as an unconditional U2 fans that my brothers and I are, help us....

• Subscriber

The second show in São Paulo has just been announced. April 10th. Start praying because we´ll need it to face a second round with ticketsforHell!mad.gif

The third show will probably be on the 13th, but nothing has been said so far.

Good Luck!
  • Community Moderator

Hi there,

During this week I passed through the heaven to hell in just a couple days. About the heaven, after so many hours at night and early morning on my computer trying to buy some tickets for my bothers and I, I got the tickets!!! I though would be so nice to see the band I love with my five bothers here in Brazil. Was the heaven, but only for a couple days because I received a e-mail from the Tickets for Fun informing that the order will be canceled, definitely was the hell.... They were based on the fact that it is allowed only 4 tickets per CPF that is a number here in Brazil similar to the Social Security Number in USA. On the other hand, at the official U2 site it is allowed 4 tickets per subscribed code, and this case my bothers and I didn't break any site rule. My question now is, who is right? Tickets for Fun (this name is seeming ironic to us) or the U2 official site? Finally, I would like to ask you, as an unconditional U2 fans that my brothers and I are, help us....

just to clarify... you bought the 4 tickets allowed with your presale code... is that correct?

• Community Manager

Okay, thank you for your attention. I already sent a formal complaint to the site as suggested. Please clarify me about  a doubt, for example, if I have have an account on the site ticketmaster.com, me and my two brothers are three subscribers U2.com and we have 3 subscriber codes, for ease delivery of tickets will use my account on the site ticktmaster.com to buy 12 tickets in three separate transactions to facilitate the dispatch of tickets. According to the site u2.com this procedure is correct in my understanding, OK. Just need confirmation that if this procedure is correct, because the ticketsforfun.com accuse the u2.com was who ordained the use of CPF Brazilian code to purchase four tickets and not subscribers code, this really true?

Kind regards

Alex

PS: Sorry about my terrible English

It looks like the problem lies that you used the same card to purchase 12 tickets, where usually the maximum per household is 4, regardless of how many presale codes are used. This is to prevent the codes being bought up by ticket scalpers in the main, though obviously in your case it seems like a genuine error on your part, not being aware of the 4 ticket rule. Did you contact your credit card company also?