Presale Code Info & Issues South America (Updated Dec. 9th)

• Subscriber

Max correct, we made the purchase of four tickets per subscriber code, we just use the same registration on  site ticketforfun to facilitate delivery of the tickets at the same address, but to make the purchase of 12 tickets we had to make three separate purchases by placing each code in separate transactions. For the purchase page is loaded it was necessary to put the code that automatically associate the tickets were limited to 4. We are three brothers, and we are all subscribers u2.com.

We are not ticket scalpers
Subscribers
Alexander Tadeu Sverzut - Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon - presale code - 4 ticktes
Adilson Ernesto Sverzut - Computer Systems Analyst - (IT) -  presale code - 4 ticktes
Lacyr João Sverzut Engineer and Director of the Federal Institute of Technology - presale code - 4 ticktes

PS: We used only the same site registration, for the purchase were used three different codes of subscribers and the payment we used three different credit cards.
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Community Manager

Hi there,

During this week I passed through the heaven to hell in just a couple days. About the heaven, after so many hours at night and early morning on my computer trying to buy some tickets for my bothers and I, I got the tickets!!! I though would be so nice to see the band I love with my five bothers here in Brazil. Was the heaven, but only for a couple days because I received a e-mail from the Tickets for Fun informing that the order will be canceled, definitely was the hell.... They were based on the fact that it is allowed only 4 tickets per CPF that is a number here in Brazil similar to the Social Security Number in USA. On the other hand, at the official U2 site it is allowed 4 tickets per subscribed code, and this case my bothers and I didn't break any site rule. My question now is, who is right? Tickets for Fun (this name is seeming ironic to us) or the U2 official site? Finally, I would like to ask you, as an unconditional U2 fans that my brothers and I are, help us....

Again, it looks like your fell foul to the maximum 4 tickets per household rule that ticket sellers impose on each presale
  • Subscriber

Hello! I would like to make a comment about the presale in Argentina. On Dec 1st, I logged in at 5 pm more or less, to access the presale. At that time, most of the stadium seemed to be already sold. The following areas were availble: 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 24, 25, 26, 30. As the presale started at 10 am, I thought that could be possible. I must say that I could buy 2 tickets with no problems at all, the site was working ok, and the day after I bought my tickets, I was able to go and pick them up from a ticketek store.

The tickets sale for general public started today (Tuesday) at 0:00 a.m. using internet and at 10 a.m. if you decide to go to the stores or to buy by phone. Now, at midnight I entered the ticketek site to check if there were tickets to buy (just for curiosity), and ALL the areas of the stadium were shown as available. My question is if there is a limited amount of tickets available for the presale. As a member of U2.com I was able to access the presale but at the time I used it, not all the areas of the stadium were available, I only had 2 options to choose from (I mean to prices), and people who are not members of the site, at midnight, had the opportunity of choosing amongst all the locations/areas of the stadium.

Please dont get me wrong, Im not complaining: I could buy the tickets, the site was working fine the day I bought them, and I know today it's being a nightmare for the nonmember U2 fans, because the ticketek site was collapsing because of the amount of people using the site at the same time. But I would really like to know if it usually works this way (I mean, a limited amount of tickets for the presale, and not all the stadium availabe).

thanks in advance,

Patricia.

• Subscriber

But I would really like to know if it usually works this way (I mean, a limited amount of tickets for the presale, and not all the stadium availabe).

thanks in advance,

Patricia.

Hi Patricia, as you know the ticket sales themselves are organized locally and not by U2.com directly so some differences between venues is possible. However to answer your question, so far this tour only a limited amount of tickets are made available during the presale for all the available price brackets. In principle if you select a given price range for a seated ticket it will randomly select a seat (or consecutive seats if a multiple order) at that price range in the stadium. This means that if you are used to going to the stadium for other events and always have the same seat it is highly possible that in the presale that exact seat might not be on sale but you will have a seat equivalent to it at the same price range.

Perhaps by the time you ordered, one price range had already sold out.

• Subscriber

Hi! Thanks for your answer. I made the comment about this experience, because when I saw that some areas were available (that weren't the day of the presale) I thought that maybe the local organizer decided not to make all the areas available for the U2.com members, I just wanted to clear that up, to see if they were being dishonest. But, now that you tell me that the amount of tickets available for the presale is limited, it makes sense.

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Cheers,

Patricia.

Hi there, the question ishow many tickets are allowed per subscription code? The U2 official site allows4. My brothers make the subscription and got the right to buy 4 tickets each. Oneof my brothers is complaining is this section (Sverzut) and as he informed, oneof us is an engineer and Director of the Federal Institute of Technology, otheris a Computer System Analyst and the last one is a Oral and MaxillofacialSurgeon, like me. Thus, we are not bad guys trying to break the rules. We arejust brothers trying to see the show together. Additionally, the Tickets forFun site allowed us to buy the tickets without any advice or problems. We justuse the all subscription codes in one register, in this case in name of AlexSverzut. Again, in any moment during making the order the site stopped oradvised us about anything wrong. Opposite that, the site confirmed the orderand charged it. Or some bug happened or the Ticket for Fun failed in organizesall the structure to sell the tickets. The last alternative seems to me moreappropriated. I asked your help to solve the problem. We are consulting alawyer to give us juridical support.

Cassio Edvard Sverzut.

Oral and MaxillofacialSurgery

Vice-Head of Oral andMaxillofacial Surgery and Periodontoly Department

School of Dentistry ofRibeirao Preto

University of Sao Paulo

Brazil.

• Subscriber

Disappointed! Outraged! We believe that doing the full signature of U2.com would guarantee our tickets in the presale. That's not what happened: in less than three hours to track tickets were sold out, and was not put on sale tickets for students. That is, who made the signing of U2.com will pay more (tickets + signature), and others like me, did the signing and could not even buy tickets. I'm sad, disappointed. Buy tickets to see U2 here in Brazil is ... humiliating.

• Subscriber

Hello everyone!!

My girlfriend and I are so excited to know that another U2 tour it's up to arrive at the End Of The World!!! But there are some concerns...

Last time U2 performed in Chile we had to struggle one entire night & day staying' on the street making a huge line to get a place on the Inner Circle... even when we are long time U2.com members and we also support The One and RED campaign, there was no other way to get that privileged location than being there 24 hours prior the show and stay waiting for a chance to get first...

This time we received from U2Chile.net some information that there's a "RedZone" that is way more expensive than the rest of the fields locations... it's supposed to be next to the stage, but so far seems that doesn't assure a place inside the 360 inner circle...

Are we obligated as loyal fans to queue outside the stadium for one or two days prior the gates opening to assure a inside stage location?

Any answer about will be very welcomed.

Anyways for us any sacrifice in order to experience this show from an on-stage location worth’s it, but does someone know how it’s going to work? We don’t want to spend US$800 and not be sure to get the most of it.

• Community Moderator

Hi there, the question ishow many tickets are allowed per subscription code? The U2 official site allows4. My brothers make the subscription and got the right to buy 4 tickets each. Oneof my brothers is complaining is this section (Sverzut) and as he informed, oneof us is an engineer and Director of the Federal Institute of Technology, otheris a Computer System Analyst and the last one is a Oral and MaxillofacialSurgeon, like me. Thus, we are not bad guys trying to break the rules. We arejust brothers trying to see the show together. Additionally, the Tickets forFun site allowed us to buy the tickets without any advice or problems. We justuse the all subscription codes in one register, in this case in name of AlexSverzut. Again, in any moment during making the order the site stopped oradvised us about anything wrong. Opposite that, the site confirmed the orderand charged it. Or some bug happened or the Ticket for Fun failed in organizesall the structure to sell the tickets. The last alternative seems to me moreappropriated. I asked your help to solve the problem. We are consulting alawyer to give us juridical support.

Cassio Edvard Sverzut.

Oral and MaxillofacialSurgery

Vice-Head of Oral andMaxillofacial Surgery and Periodontoly Department

School of Dentistry ofRibeirao Preto

University of Sao Paulo

Brazil.

You are allowed to buy 4 tickets per code...

The problem here is that the tickets were bought using the same registration in the ticket seller site... unfortunately, being outside U2.com there's not much can be done here.

You need to contact the ticket seller (and probably the credit card company too) and explain what happened...